2019 Underclassmen Declaration Thread

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
That would surprise me. Gettleman and Shurmur seem too traditional to take a guy like him that high.
I hear you, but I think the pressure of buying into a guy like him will be very high when he tests well at the combine. In all honesty, few would view him as less than a top 5 pick if he was 6’2 or taller. He has a good arm, is insanely mobile, very accurate, smart, a good leader, and (for all intents and purposes) appears to be a high character guy. He checks all of the boxes you look for with the exception of height...where he measures up closer to members of the Lollipop Guild.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
May be that I missed it but Li'l Jordan Humphrey has declared.
I don’t know what to make of him. I love his size, but I can’t tell if he can play. His stats in 2017 were pedestrian at best, and were really only above average this season based on what Texas had. Were his lower stats a product of being underutilized in the scheme, or that he’s really a glorified possession receiver and end zone target?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does not necessarily mean he is playing football instead of baseball. He is just declaring for the draft. Can still go baseball if the A's come through.

I am sure he is going to get pressed at some point to make a commitment though.
More like if he doesn't go high enough he can go back to baseball. If he is a first round pick he is playing football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hear you, but I think the pressure of buying into a guy like him will be very high when he tests well at the combine. In all honesty, few would view him as less than a top 5 pick if he was 6’2 or taller. He has a good arm, is insanely mobile, very accurate, smart, a good leader, and (for all intents and purposes) appears to be a high character guy. He checks all of the boxes you look for with the exception of height...where he measures up closer to members of the Lollipop Guild.
Shit if he was just 6 foot he would be a guaranteed top 5 pick.

Top Bottom