2019 Underclassmen Declaration Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cody Ford declares for 2019 draft

Posted by Josh Alper on January 2, 2019, 7:27 AM EST

Oklahoma is holding onto head coach Lincoln Riley, but the team’s starting right tackle will be moving on to the NFL.

Cody Ford kicked off the new year with an announcement that he will be diving into the 2019 draft pool. Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson is also heading for the NFL and quarterback Kyler Murray’s decision is still to come.

Ford made starts at guard during his first two years at Oklahoma and moved to tackle for the 2018 season. He was a key part of a group that won the Joe Moore Award as the top offensive line in college football.

Whether he winds up on the inside or outside in the pros will likely be determined by predraft workouts and the whims of the team that selects him, but his play for the Sooners this year suggests that selection is likely to come in the first two days of the draft.
--------------

Dallas probably won't consider him in the 2nd, but I would. Collins' contract tolls in 2020 and I don't think he's worth keeping.

D

Deuce

Trysten Hill - DT - UCF declared after the game yesterday.

Avoid at all costs. Immature and entitled. Very talented but pouts when he is reprimanded and doesn’t practice hard.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Michigan TE Zach Gentry declares for draft[/h]
Posted by Charean Williams on January 2, 2019, 9:18 PM EST

Michigan’s Zach Gentry has become the latest tight end with intentions to enter the NFL draft.
He announced his decision Wednesday on Instagram.
“After prayer and careful consideration with family, friends and coaches, I have decided to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft,” Gentry wrote.
Gentry played quarterback in high school before moving to tight end at Michigan.
He caught 32 passes for 514 yards and two touchdowns this season in earning third-team All-Big Ten honors. The redshirt junior is the fourth Wolverine to declare, joining defensive lineman Rashan Gary, linebacker Devin Bush Jr. and cornerback David Long.
---------------

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
[h=1]Michigan TE Zach Gentry declares for draft[/h]
Posted by Charean Williams on January 2, 2019, 9:18 PM EST

Michigan’s Zach Gentry has become the latest tight end with intentions to enter the NFL draft.
He announced his decision Wednesday on Instagram.
“After prayer and careful consideration with family, friends and coaches, I have decided to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft,” Gentry wrote.
Gentry played quarterback in high school before moving to tight end at Michigan.
He caught 32 passes for 514 yards and two touchdowns this season in earning third-team All-Big Ten honors. The redshirt junior is the fourth Wolverine to declare, joining defensive lineman Rashan Gary, linebacker Devin Bush Jr. and cornerback David Long.
---------------
This TE class is looking strong. Not sure if Jarwin's breakout game will change the thought process of that but if we want a TE in the second/third round we should have some really good options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This TE class is looking strong. Not sure if Jarwin's breakout game will change the thought process of that but if we want a TE in the second/third round we should have some really good options.
I bet it does. That is how this team operates. Exaggerates even small successes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet it does. That is how this team operates. Exaggerates even small successes.
Well that's the sad thing. He didn't suddenly get really good against the Giants. Your opinion of him shouldn't change that much over one games stats. But I could see the Cowboys totally ignore TE claiming that Jarwin is that type of a TE.

D

Deuce

I agree, but I would also say that I think Jarwin has been very good and surenhanded since getting an increase in snaps. We could do worse at TE.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, but I would also say that I think Jarwin has been very good and surenhanded since getting an increase in snaps. We could do worse at TE.
He at least makes TE less of a do or die position. Meaning I don't necessarily have to reach for the best TE in the second round now. But he also wouldn't stop me from drafting a truly dynamic weapon at TE either. Someone like Hockenson.

Of course if a stud 3 technique DT is there we shouldn't hesitate either. Maybe Christian Wilkins for example? And if that means TE gets pushed off we can afford it because Jarwin has shown some ability.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Kid's a good CB, a bit on the smallish side though. Might drop to the 2nd or 3rd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kid's a good CB, a bit on the smallish side though. Might drop to the 2nd or 3rd.

Probably not a fit for Dallas then. If they draft any corners I think they will be dudes with length and instincts to pick the ball off.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Probably not a fit for Dallas then. If they draft any corners I think they will be dudes with length and instincts to pick the ball off.
Yeah, he's got the instincts but not the length. Some of that's Richard's philosophy though and we're still not sure he'll be around. Anyway...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he's got the instincts but not the length. Some of that's Richard's philosophy though and we're still not sure he'll be around. Anyway...
I hope no matter what happens we stick with the same scheme. It obviously works.

D

Deuce

UCF WR Dredrick Snelson declares today.

Numbers werent great because the ball gets spread around so well, but he’s legit. I’ll be interested to see his 40 time as he never looked as fast as others, but reliable hands and routes.

Top Bottom