Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not really a McGlinchey fan, he seems like he'll be a pretty solid RT who could possibly fill in at LT if needed but I think he's a high floor/low ceiling player. I describe Ridley in the same way as far as high floor/low ceiling but I definitely think Ridley will be a better player.

I'd rather go with Connor Williams than McGlinchey, although of course I'd rather go with Hernandez than any of them. I get a bad feeling that these idiots are prioritizing "flexibility" when it comes to looking at guys like Williams and McGlinchey.

Flexibility is all well and good with a guy like Martin who projected as a Pro Bowl OG who could also possibly play some LT/RT. Williams looks like he could have some of that to him but McGlinchey just looks like an average to above average starting OT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently there is a late "riser" in the process: FS Tarvarious Moore of So Miss. He will be a Top 30 visit.

Here is Brugler's write up:

11. TARVARIUS MOORE | Southern Miss 6006 | 199 lbs. | rSR. Quitman, Miss. (Quitman) 2/1/1996 (age 21.7) #18

BACKGROUND: A no-star athlete recruit out of high school, Tarvarius (Tuh-various) Moore was a three-year starting safety at Quitman, helping lead the team to three straight Class 4A South State championship games. Despite earning Second Team all-state honors, he went overlooked by college programs with only one Division-I scholarship offer (FCS-level Alcorn State). Moore had the grades for Division-I, but elected to enroll at Pearl River Community College where he played for two seasons. He received more attention from FBS programs this time around and was considered a three-star JUCO recruit. Moore received offers from power-five programs like Louisville and Kansas, but Southern Miss was closer to home. He was worked into the safety rotation as a junior in 2016 and tied for the team-lead with two interceptions despite not starting a game. Moore took over the starting free safety duties as a senior and emerged as one of the better defensive backs in Conference USA. He led the team in tackles (87) and interceptions (three), adding 3.0 tackles for loss, 13 passes defended and one forced fumble to earn All-CUSA Honorable Mention honors. Moore accepted his invitation to the 2018 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT 2014: Pearl River Community College (Miss.) 2015: Pearl River Community College (Miss.) 2016: (13/0) 17 0.0 0.0 0 4 2 2017: (13/13) 87 3.0 0.0 1 13 3 Total: (26/13) 104 3.0 0.0 1 17 5

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP COMBINE N/A (not invited) PRO DAY 6006 199 33 09 78 4.32 2.49 1.53 39 1/2 11’02” - 6.89 -

STRENGTHS: Long-limbed, moldable frame with room to get stronger…outstanding play speed with acceleration that is instant, not gradual…short-area burst to drive and close…naturally instinctive with a quick trigger, recognizing tendencies and reacting before the offense does…provides a thump as a tackler, driving through his target to create stopping power…stacks and covers, showing fluid movements in his transition…ball skills to crowd and disrupt – led team in interceptions each of his two seasons at Southern Miss…experienced lining up single high or over slot receivers…motivated by the death of his sister and only sibling (TavyAnna), who passed away in July 2017 from a ruptured blood vessel while she slept…has special teams experience…durable and played in every game the last two seasons.

WEAKNESSES: Slender frame and lacks ideal bulk for NFL safety work…needs to do a better job disguising coverage…caught guessing at times, confusing route combinations or falling for eye manipulation by the quarterback…overeager tackler on the move and needs to better come to balance and square up his target…room to tweak his wrap-up fundamentals to be a more consistent finisher…needs to better use his length to shed and free himself from blockers…needs to better navigate through the weeds on cross-formation pursuit angles…only one season of FBS starting experience.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Southern Miss, Moore was the starting free safety in the Golden Eagles’ 4-2-5 base defense in 2017, putting together the senior campaign scouts were hoping to see from the JUCO transfer. He posted head-turning numbers at the team’s pro day, which reflect his on-field athleticism and range, flashing fast angles and pursuit speed to chase down ballcarriers. Moore looks to tune up his target, but has room to tidy up his fundamentals in run support. Overall, Moore has yet to play his best football and with added discipline, he has the athletic skills and natural instincts to make his mark in a starting secondary, projecting best as a nickel defender.

GRADE: 4th Round

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Brugler had basically nothing good to say about this guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, how many nickle defenders do we need?
I think people are too quick to use labels now. Not good enough to be considered a starter? Oh, he might be good enough to be a nickel defender.

This is the same thing as labeling a slow tall WR a "red zone threat". Just lazy analysis and a lack of balls.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think people are too quick to use labels now. Not good enough to be considered a starter? Oh, he might be good enough to be a nickel defender.

This is the same thing as labeling a slow tall WR a "red zone threat". Just lazy analysis and a lack of balls.
Yep undersized but athletic safety? Must be a nickle defender.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Graded as a priority free agent entering the season, Moore was phenomenal in his workout today. He measured 6006 and 199 pounds and touched 39.5 inches in the vertical jump and 11-foot-2 in the broad jump. Moore timed a blistering 4.32 in the 40 as well as 6.89 in the three-cone. As was described to me by someone at the workout, Moore “killed it” during drills, which were run by the New Orleans Saints.

Moore has 15 official predraft visits, including the New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and Chicago Bears.

Holy fuck this guy ran a 4.32. I know you posted that but it was difficult to suss out of the text the way you had it formatted. You know he should be able to pack about 10 lbs on and still run a 4.4 which is plenty for a safety. His production looks pretty good from a tackle perspective. This guy is gonna fly up the boards.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graded as a priority free agent entering the season, Moore was phenomenal in his workout today. He measured 6006 and 199 pounds and touched 39.5 inches in the vertical jump and 11-foot-2 in the broad jump. Moore timed a blistering 4.32 in the 40 as well as 6.89 in the three-cone. As was described to me by someone at the workout, Moore “killed it” during drills, which were run by the New Orleans Saints.

Moore has 15 official predraft visits, including the New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and Chicago Bears.

Holy fuck this guy ran a 4.32. I know you posted that but it was difficult to suss out of the text the way you had it formatted. You know he should be able to pack about 10 lbs on and still run a 4.4 which is plenty for a safety. His production looks pretty good from a tackle perspective. This guy is gonna fly up the boards.
Yep, sounds like a great fit for FS to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great day three fit for our defense. Especially if we can add a massive NT to protect these LBers. Extremely productive last year but a very good athlete as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

D

Deuce

He’s legit. I liked the idea of him late, not sure how high hear risen to.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like him but we can't be using another premium pick on a corner. We did great last year finding guys but you're not going to win games with corners alone. He's going to cost a first or second round pick. Just can't afford it at corner.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow talk about a shit college career as a receiver. Undrafted free agent at best.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought him a likely day 3 pick. I guess the visits tell me he has more interest than that but I sure as shit wouldn't use a day two pick on him.

Top Bottom