Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Hines alot but he isn't a guy who could carry the load in lieu of Elliott so I'd love him in the 4th, skeptical in the 3rd.

If he gets taken before the 4th just go with a guy like Ito Smith who can provide much of what Hines can.
Or Wadley in the fifth

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
One thing that annoys me this time of year is that some people seem to use the term "workout" and "visit" interchangeably.

This Koroma dude has a "workout in Dallas", does that mean he's one of the 30 pre-draft visits?

You'd have to imagine he is, I doubt these dudes are flying to a city to go work out on a field for an hour and then fly out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing that annoys me this time of year is that some people seem to use the term "workout" and "visit" interchangeably.

This Koroma dude has a "workout in Dallas", does that mean he's one of the 30 pre-draft visits?

You'd have to imagine he is, I doubt these dudes are flying to a city to go work out on a field for an hour and then fly out.
I'm guessing it means Dallas is working him out at his school. I saw something similar with the FB from Oklahoma. I don't think it means he has a private top 30 workout. I think it's another term for saying someone from Dallas is running him through the paces locally.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Warner would be a nice get in the 3rd/4th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Winstar

Brand New Member
Fountain is a pet cat of one of our newest members, [MENTION=569]Winstar[/MENTION].
Yes sir, he was my number one sleeper until his pro day when he had to show his ass and blow it up. Now everybody knows about him....lol
:art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes sir, he was my number one sleeper until his pro day when he had to show his ass and blow it up. Now everybody knows about him....lol
:art
To be fair I think during the East West Shrine game everyone knew the guy was a stud athlete. I'm not sure it was ever in doubt that he'd post some great workout numbers. He had a pretty excellent track background that everyone knew about. Of course the fact that he also had an excellent week of practice and ended it as the best offensive player in the game sort of confirmed a lot too. At one point I thought he may be a sixth round steal but I'm starting to wonder if he will ever make it that far. I think he's going to be a small school receiver that some are surprised by how high he goes. Only because Joe Fan will have no idea who he is. But other than playing at UNI he has everything you want in a stud WR. I could see a NFL team liking him more than a lot of other second tier WRs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy for Callaway, great guy to do our due diligence on. Great talent with big off the field questions. This is how you solve that stuff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Happy for Callaway, great guy to do our due diligence on. Great talent with big off the field questions. This is how you solve that stuff.
Knowing how Dallas works out for head cases, taking him with a premium pick not that wise.

But he is definitely a player that if available early in the fourth, I give up some of the tchotchke comp picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Knowing how Dallas works out for head cases, taking him with a premium pick not that wise.

But he is definitely a player that if available early in the fourth, I give up some of the tchotchke comp picks.
Yeah I don't think he is going on the first couple days. Maybe he sneaks into the third round. But I'm all for taking a shot on a bit of a head case on the third day. Especially when the ceiling is so high which it is with Callaway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ugh.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom