Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:mj

Now I know why Jaylon is moving inside. Josey is a perfect MLBer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hope the Cowboys have an interest in Lazard of Iowa State. I am sold on this guy and I think he will have a great career.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Full of yourself much, bud?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Full of yourself much, bud?

Yeah, I want nothing to do with that.

I think a lot of dumb asses are using him as a surrogate for the fact they didn't get Jalen Ramsey a couple of years ago.

Sorry. Not the same player. He is about what Jamal Adams was last year. I don't see him being that much better.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I can't stand players that think they're the second coming of *insert HOF player name here*. You're a fricking safety kid and when you get right down to it, not only are they a dime a dozen, they can be found anywhere in the draft. Are there "elite" ones? Sure. At this point you're still just an arrogant college kid that hasn't proven shit though.

D

Deuce

It may have come off arrogant, but I don’t think he has a history of being that way.

And I do think he is an elite talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It may have come off arrogant, but I don’t think he has a history of being that way.

Yeah, he has actually gotten extremely high marks for his character and leadership. Besides, Dbs seem like they have to be cocky or confident. It's pretty normal. As soon as they lose that confidence things go south.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Feh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not to the extent I am trading up for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not to the extent I am trading up for him.
I'm not a fan of trading up in the first round at all. Just not elite enough talent in this draft to make it worth doing. You'd be sacrificing somr really good middle round WR prospects to do so.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Agreed.

If he's somehow still there when we're on the clock, I run the card up immediately.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think I'm fully on the DJ Moore train. Take him at 19 unless one of the elites like Vea, Derwin, Ridley drop.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
- Josh Sweat
of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the
New York Jets
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers
and
Dallas Cowboys

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
- Josh Sweat
of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the
New York Jets
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers
and
Dallas Cowboys
Really a great athlete but the production doesn't really match it. He won't make it to the third round now but I don't want him in the second.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I'm not a fan of trading up in the first round at all. Just not elite enough talent in this draft to make it worth doing. You'd be sacrificing somr really good middle round WR prospects to do so.

Especially for a db. We invested resources last year in replinishing the secondary, no way I'd spend 2 more picks on one guy. If the value is there, I'm fine with that.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
From what I've read none of these WR's are elite enough to warrant a 1st round pick. Several talking heads and writers have said this year's draft class is full of depth at interior O line and safety.
Personally I'm just not down with taking a receiver in the first. I'm thinking a stud guard or one of the better safeties available.
What do you guys think?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've read none of these WR's are elite enough to warrant a 1st round pick. Several talking heads and writers have said this year's draft class is full of depth at interior O line and safety.
Personally I'm just not down with taking a receiver in the first. I'm thinking a stud guard or one of the better safeties available.
What do you guys think?
Which experts are claiming there are no first round WRs? You must listen to different ones then I do.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Which experts are claiming there are no first round WRs? You must listen to different ones then I do.
Maybe I'm quoting them wrong, but a couple said they don't see any star talent at WR. Ones who could dominate. I'm assuming they mean types like Moss, Calvin Johnson, Dez in his first few years, Julio Jones types...

Top Bottom