boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Something to consider with Ridley:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something to consider with Ridley:
Dylan Cantrell had the highest Sparq score and ran a 4.59 forty. Maybe Sparq needs to revamp the formula.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dylan Cantrell had the highest Sparq score and ran a 4.59 forty. Maybe Sparq needs to revamp the formula.
It wasn't really that. If Dallas values the evaluation tool, then Ridley would be a player they stay away from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It wasn't really that. If Dallas values the evaluation tool, then Ridley would be a player they stay away from.
Yeah but wouldn't that have kept us away from Taco Charleton last year? His SPARQ certainly wasn't way up there.

Of course on the flip side of that Byron Jones was a SPARQ star. So I'm not sure exactly how Dallas applies that tool. But it certainly isn't just straight forward.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I'm not really looking at DE as that huge of a need right now but I'd also have no problem drafting him. I love his talent and obviously the more pass rush the better in todays NFL.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We do love ourselves a FSU corner. But damn that guy is slow. I wonder if he could play safety. I may be willing to use a late round flier on a guy like that with great ball skills to try him as a FS type.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Regarding McFadden, I wouldn't want to even find out if he could.

He looked utterly pathetic, and not just running the 40. He was not impressive in the drills either. I felt sorry for him.

And to think, just a month or two ago, he was touted as a possible day 2 pick. It just goes to show you that even if they starred at a big school, they might just be a by-product of the rest of the team just as much as they are super talented.

I wouldn't even waste the pick on him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regarding McFadden, I wouldn't want to even find out if he could.

He looked utterly pathetic, and not just running the 40. He was not impressive in the drills either. I felt sorry for him.

And to think, just a month or two ago, he was touted as a possible day 2 pick. It just goes to show you that even if they starred at a big school, they might just be a by-product of the rest of the team just as much as they are super talented.

I wouldn't even waste the pick on him.
Yeah he is one of those big long corners with great ball skills but not much else. He literally looks like a liability running around because he just isn't fast enough. Maybe some pure zone defense will find a use for him but I'd be worried even about his ability in run support just because everyone else is so much more athletic once they get to his area of the field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah but wouldn't that have kept us away from Taco Charleton last year? His SPARQ certainly wasn't way up there.

Of course on the flip side of that Byron Jones was a SPARQ star. So I'm not sure exactly how Dallas applies that tool. But it certainly isn't just straight forward.
I did a poor job of painting things. I think there is a tendency to believe they are into that shit as much as the Seahawks.

I am not so certain they actually are as SPARQ-y as some people think.

Charlton - not SPARQ-y
Awuzie - SPARQ-y
Lewis - not especially SPARQ-y

They seem pretty flexible with it. But, if they suddenly decide to go at the letter of it, Ridley would be a player that would be taken down a peg or two if you look for that kind of explosive on paper player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did a poor job of painting things. I think there is a tendency to believe they are into that shit as much as the Seahawks.

I am not so certain they actually are as SPARQ-y as some people think.

Charlton - not SPARQ-y
Awuzie - SPARQ-y
Lewis - not especially SPARQ-y

They seem pretty flexible with it. But, if they suddenly decide to go at the letter of it, Ridley would be a player that would be taken down a peg or two if you look for that kind of explosive on paper player.
Yeah I know some years in the later rounds we have gone heavily after the SPARQ guys but I'm not sure that is always the case. I'm guessing Dallas uses some sort of modified system. For example Lewis they loved because even though he was short which hurts his SPARQ, he has really long arms so they sort of over looked the lack of height.

With Ridley it's even a little more odd because his height and forty time look good. I guess the 31 inch verticle really knocks him down but I've seen the guy go up for some jump balls that certainly don't make him look that vertically challenged. His weight also hurts him I guess but as long as he can get off press I don't really care about that. The 24 years old thing bugs me a little though. I also prefer the 21 year old guys because I just think they still have room to grow athletically. Where as a 24 year old probably doesn't. It's why Edmunds only being like 19 years old is so impressive.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
While I really like Moore and Kirk I'd prefer Gallup in the 3rd to one of those guys at 19.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
While I really like Moore and Kirk I'd prefer Gallup in the 3rd to one of those guys at 19.
I’m not a big fan of any of the WRs in this class. I see them all of complimentary guys, so there’s little need to spend a premium pick on one if there is value elsewhere.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I just want one that can take the top off the D, that would do wonders for our O.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Purdue LB T.J. McCollum met with the Dallas Cowboys during the school's pro day.
McCollum (6'1/236) is on the draft fringe and did not receive an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, making this week's pro day a matter of huge importance for the linebacker. In testing, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds, the three-cone drill in 7.10 seconds and the 20-yard shuttle in 4.40 seconds. The undersized Boilermaker also posted a respectable enough vertical jump of 34 inches and a broad jump of 108 inches. While none of these testing results are mind-blowing, McCollum probably did enough to hang around the late Day 3 conversation.

Source: Draft Analyst

Top Bottom