Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2018

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He might actually be what this stupid staff pretended Dunbar was.
Why spend a draft pick for Dunbar-like when we can just sign the real deal?

Cujo

DCC 4Life

This is intriguing. He is a way better back than Donnell Pumphrey was last year.

What round is he projected?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:fistpump

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good to see we are meeting with some top WRs. Makes me think Dez time here really is about to end.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excellent

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Good to see we are meeting with some top WRs. Makes me think Dez time here really is about to end.
I think we're going to hold on to Dez and see what happens in the draft then make a decision. If the draft falls to us in a way where we can get a WR we like who could conceivably be a starting caliber guy as a rookie I think they make him a post-June 1 cut, if not I think they hold on to him for one more year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we're going to hold on to Dez and see what happens in the draft then make a decision. If the draft falls to us in a way where we can get a WR we like who could conceivably be a starting caliber guy as a rookie I think they make him a post-June 1 cut, if not I think they hold on to him for one more year.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this as the plan. Free agency should be interesting though. I wonder if we make a push to sign any receivers. I can't imagine that we'd want to cut Dez and just rely on rookies to fill the holes at WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:fistpump
I'm excited to see this group at the combine. Not just the 40's but the drills are always the most interesting to me. You can really see about a guys hands in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep, and if I remember correctly, we save even more against the cap by designating him a June 1 cut.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, and if I remember correctly, we save even more against the cap by designating him a June 1 cut.
Sort of but not really. All it does is spread the cap hit out differently. We get more cap room now but it creates dead money in the future. Of course if you don't spend the extra cap now, it carries over into next year and just creates a wash anyway. So it doesn't really matter when we cut Dez other than cutting him later may restrict our ability to sign a free agent. Which we all know can be corrected by shifting other money around anyway.

Cotton

Staff member
Sort of but not really. All it does is spread the cap hit out differently. We get more cap room now but it creates dead money in the future. Of course if you don't spend the extra cap now, it carries over into next year and just creates a wash anyway. So it doesn't really matter when we cut Dez other than cutting him later may restrict our ability to sign a free agent. Which we all know can be corrected by shifting other money around anyway.
Ahh, okay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cain is another WR none of us talk about who is good.

Top Bottom