Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I’m hearing some good things about this kid.
He has had a solid week. I never really paid attention to him because he was not especially productive his last few years in college.

He was actually better as a freshman than he was his last three years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Someone was saying he'd fit better in the 3-4 but he is definitely a badass.
Depends on the scheme.

This is not like your daddy's 3-4 vs. 4-3 debate.

We are conditioned to think like that because, well, we are running our daddy's 4-3 with old man Marinelli.

Hybrid schemes can fit in playmakers.

Look at what Seattle did with Bruce Irvin. He wasn't a LBer. He was not really an every down DE. But he was an effective player if used in the scheme correctly.

Today's game is not about finding the perfect fit for your limited system. It is up to the coach to make the system fit the players.

That is one thing Wade Phillips has always done. He finds a way.

Guys like Marinelli? They sit around waiting for the perfect "rush man" and downgrade players because of lack of his required amount of "twitch".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone was saying he'd fit better in the 3-4 but he is definitely a badass.
Yeah he has more the body type for that. But I think guys like that have a place in our defense rotating in at DE.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Where was this reported?
Don't worry, sources.

As an aside, Hamilton definitely impressed with his route running and Okoronkwo would be a nice fit as a base SAM LB who puts his hand down in nickel and dime.

No idea if our coaches can pull that off though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't worry, sources.

As an aside, Hamilton definitely impressed with his route running and Okoronkwo would be a nice fit as a base SAM LB who puts his hand down in nickel and dime.

No idea if our coaches can pull that off though.
Nice to know, Hos!

Great news!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hellhound?

Well I sure like the sounds of that.
He has the speed and strength to play in a linebacker mode or be a nightmare pass rusher from a DE set up. He literally saved the defense for OU several times last season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bates would be a nice rangy option to someone like Frazier who is a box safety and Woods who they seem to like as a part-time nickel CB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is intriguing. He is a way better back than Donnell Pumphrey was last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is intriguing. He is a way better back than Donnell Pumphrey was last year.
Pumphrey was a joke. I couldn't believe the Cowboys and Eagles fought over that guy. He was tiny and slow. You usually have at least one of those qualities going for you and he had neither. Literally nothing about the guy stood out as a + quality.

Hines in comparison brings elite level speed. Absolutely a guy I'd love to compliment Elliott.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pumphrey was a joke. I couldn't believe the Cowboys and Eagles fought over that guy. He was tiny and slow. You usually have at least one of those qualities going for you and he had neither. Literally nothing about the guy stood out as a + quality.

Hines in comparison brings elite level speed. Absolutely a guy I'd love to compliment Elliott.
He might actually be what this stupid staff pretended Dunbar was.

Top Bottom