Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Tony Pauline:

Receiver
    Tre'Quan Smith also stood on his combine 40 but did position drills. Surprisingly he was not asked to field any kicks during today’s workout. Smith has already completed private workouts for the Detroit Lionsand Tampa Bay Bucs. He has another workout set with the Dallas Cowboys and is making a trip to see the New York Giants on an official visit.

Comment

• Smith would be nice in the 3rd/4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          Vita Vea DT Washington 1 Aaron Wilson 10 Pre-Draft
          Calvin Ridley WR Alabama 1 Bobby Belt 16 Pre-Draft
          James Daniels C Iowa 1 Rob Howe 18 Pre-Draft
          Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St 1 Tony Pauline 22 Pre-Draft
          Will Hernandez OG UTEP 1 Bobby Belt 23 Pre-Draft
          Connor Williams OT Texas 1 David Helman 24 Pre-Draft
          D.J. Moore WR Maryland 1-2 Neal Dalal 29 Pre-Draft
          Kolton Miller G/T UCLA 1-2 James Layton 31 Pre-Draft
          Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M 1-2 Bobby Belt 32 Pre-Draft
          Rashaan Evans LB Alabama 1-2 Bobby Belt 36 Pre-Draft
          Nyheim Hines RB NC State 3 The Wolfpacker 87 Pre-Draft
          Deshon Elliott SS Texas 4-5 Jared Stager 145 Pre-Draft
          Darius Leonard LB South Carolina State 5 Tony Pauline 169 Pre-Draft
          Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa 5-6 ConnorNFLDraft 196 Pre-Draft

As of right now this is the predraft visit list in case anyone is curious. DJ Moore and Connor Williams were the most recent names added. I feel like Fountain might be this year Xavier Woods. A small school guy who I loved from early on in the process who I'm praying the Cowboys pick once the fourth round and beyond starts. Especially after we ignore WR for the first 4 rounds.
          I'm hoping they'd take a couple of swings at WR and TE somewhere in the draft, but judging by this thread and that list, it doesn't appear as if the Cowboys have a lot of interest in drafting tight end this year. I guess they're still banking on Rico or one of the other tight ends stepping up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
            I'm hoping they'd take a couple of swings at WR and TE somewhere in the draft, but judging by this thread and that list, it doesn't appear as if the Cowboys have a lot of interest in drafting tight end this year. I guess they're still banking on Rico or one of the other tight ends stepping up.
            I'm really afraid they are looking at the ageless wonder in Witten and thinking he has another two years left. It's funny we started drafting his replacement way too soon for Witten. And now that Witten isn't very effective we are clinging to him. My guess is they view Witten as being here for a couple more years and in the mean time they intend to find out what Rico can do. And then draft someone next year if Rico doesn't take the next step. Which I love his potential but I'm certainly not banking on it and we desperately need some explosiveness out of the TE position which Witten just doesn't have anymore.

So I guess we all might as well hope and pray that the potential we saw last preseason translates to the regular season next year.

Comment

• Very glad to see Hines on the list. Like that kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cujo View Post
                Very glad to see Hines on the list. Like that kid.
                With the success that teams like Chicago had with Tarik Cohen, it might cost a third to get Hines.

I like him a lot, just not sure if I value a backup RB that badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cujo View Post
                  Very glad to see Hines on the list. Like that kid.
                  I agree, he'd actually fit in our backfield perfectly. I hate taking Zeke off the field ever but if I'm giving him a breather an electric speedster like that would be good on third down situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                    With the success that teams like Chicago had with Tarik Cohen, it might cost a third to get Hines.

I like him a lot, just not sure if I value a backup RB that badly.
                    Yeah I have no problem burning our second fourth on a RB but a third rounder would be too rich for my blood. Would prefer an O-lineman, RB, Dlineman, S or LBer that early. Or a TE which I'm not sure we are really considering yet.

Comment

• I like Hines alot but he isn't a guy who could carry the load in lieu of Elliott so I'd love him in the 4th, skeptical in the 3rd.

If he gets taken before the 4th just go with a guy like Ito Smith who can provide much of what Hines can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                        I like Hines alot but he isn't a guy who could carry the load in lieu of Elliott so I'd love him in the 4th, skeptical in the 3rd.

If he gets taken before the 4th just go with a guy like Ito Smith who can provide much of what Hines can.
                        Or Wadley in the fifth

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                          Smith would be nice in the 3rd/4th.
                          Smith in the 3rd is BISP time for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                            Smith in the 3rd is BISP time for me.
                            I'm fourth on him. I feel like there are more electric options in the third.

Comment

• Comment

• One thing that annoys me this time of year is that some people seem to use the term "workout" and "visit" interchangeably.

This Koroma dude has a "workout in Dallas", does that mean he's one of the 30 pre-draft visits?

You'd have to imagine he is, I doubt these dudes are flying to a city to go work out on a field for an hour and then fly out.

Comment

Working...
                                X