Random 2018 Mock Drafts Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sutton has excellent bust potential. Also has star potential. Ridley is a much safer pick. As much as people bitch about him being slight, DeSean Jackson was slight but tore up the league for the better part of a decade. He got banged up from time to time but no more than Dez who's a specimen. Guys play with the body they have.
So was Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce. Plus Antonio Brown currently. People get to stuck on this concept that you have to be 6'2" 215 pounds to be a number 1 WR. It's silly. And it's why teams salivate over guys like Mike William and Treadwell while over looking the guys who actually become stars.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
So was Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce. Plus Antonio Brown currently. People get to stuck on this concept that you have to be 6'2" 215 pounds to be a number 1 WR. It's silly. And it's why teams salivate over guys like Mike William and Treadwell while over looking the guys who actually become stars.
Excellent comparison - Roy Wiliiams vs Terry Glenn. Williams was the guy everyone salivated for. Great hands, huge wingspan, fast as hell, good citizen. Glenn was a shrimp with behavior issues. We all know who was the better pro though.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
FWST

Second round

33. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns). Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

The Cowboys trade up to get a player who has the potential to match Dez Bryant's rare mix of size and speed, not to mention his ability to catch the ball in traffic. But the move comes at the cost of their second and third-round selections in this year's draft. Time will tell if he can fit into the more "Dak friendly" offense.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd burn down an orphanage if they did that

Cujo

DCC 4Life
FWST

Second round

The Cowboys trade up to get a player who has the potential to match Dez Bryant's rare mix of size and speed, not to mention his ability to catch the ball in traffic. But the move comes at the cost of their second and third-round selections in this year's draft. Time will tell if he can fit into the more "Dak friendly" offense.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will turn off the tv the same way I did when we traded up for Claiborne.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
my problem is that we'd have to give up more than a 3rd to jump all the way to the top of R2. that pick is usually traded for a heist the next day, esp if a QB or elite pass rusher slipped out of R1.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
FWST

Second round

Which dumbass proposed this scenario? Being as it is the FWST, I'm gonna guess Clarence Hill since he is the biggest dumbass there.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
FWST

Second round

I'd fucking hate this, not even mentioning the ridiculous trade-up I really hope we go a different direction and get a speedy wr that can get separation instead of a poor mans Dez

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which dumbass proposed this scenario? Being as it is the FWST, I'm gonna guess Clarence Hill since he is the biggest dumbass there.
Yep, I'd much rather trade down and pick up an extra second if we are dead set on Sutton. But I guess if you want Sutton and Hernandez this is the only way to go.

I guess I just hate trade ups unless it's for a guy who is an absolute steal. Like let's say Hernandez fell to the second after we took Ridley in the first. I could get on board with that.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Here is the mock from Broddus, Helman etc from the draft show podcast:
19: R1P19
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

50: R2P18
WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS

81: R3P17
S TRAVARIOUS MOORE
SOUTHERN MISS

116: R4P16
DT BREELAND SPEAKS
OLE MISS

137: R4P37
G COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE

171: R5P34
RB ITO SMITH
SOUTHERN MISS

192: R6P18
T DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA

193: R6P19
TE DURHAM SMYTHE
NOTRE DAME

208: R6P34
LB SKAI MOORE
SOUTH CAROLINA

236: R7P18
DE JUSTIN LAWLER
SMU

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it's a really good, very reasonable draft. I think Ito Smith is taken way early though.
I'm not a big fan of Breeland Speaks either. I don't think it's a reach, just not really my cup of tea.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I missed that one. I still don’t think Evans is a first round talent.
Nah that's not really even a miss, that was cherry picked from back when only one or two people saw him going in the first. You clearly adjusted to it prior to the draft. That happens with a few players that rise every year.

It just struck me as funny that we wound up taking one of them.

This was an interesting thread in retrospect.

Top Bottom