Random 2018 Mock Drafts Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's no NT but he is a nice 3-T prospect. Would be a really nice 4th/5th rounder.
I've seen some spots that list him as a NT. Mainly NFL.com. But I think he is a better 3 technique than NT. He got up to 310 pounds but I think he is better at 300 pounds.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't hate that draft. I don't really love Miller though. I feel like at WR I either want the top two or Calloway late. I'm not sure anyone else has me jazzed.
I love some WRs but Miller is one that I'm feh on. Not great speed. He looks to me like he's going to get knocked out in the NFL. Takes too many big shots and doesn't look sturdy to me. I just don't see the ability to separate with him that others do. If there is a highly ranked WR that I don't want it is him.

But unlike you there are a bunch of other WR's I love.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I ran mine and tried to keep it as realistic as possible.

19: R1P19
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE ST.

50: R2P18
S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

81: R3P17
WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

116: R4P16
DL DEADRIN SENAT
SOUTH FLORIDA

137: R4P37
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

171: R5P34
LB DORIAN O’DANIEL
CLEMSON

192: R6P18
C SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
UCLA

193: R6P19
DL P.J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON ST.

208: R6P34
RB DARREL WILLIAMS
L.S.U.

236: R7P18
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

I have to say I'd be pretty thrilled if it went down like this. Rebuilt the WR corp with size and speed. Finished off the defense with a couple stud interior guys and a safety as well as built talent and depth at LBer. Got a center/guard who I think could be your third interior guy right away. And for some reason I like Riley Ferguson, I think it's just because he is such a gun slinger. I don't think there was anything too crazy that happened in the draft.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE ST.

S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

DL DEADRIN SENAT
SOUTH FLORIDA

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
Like the top half quite a bit. St Brown shouldnt drop that far I wouldn't think. There are so many fucking WRs in this draft I suppose it's possible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like the top half quite a bit. St Brown shouldnt drop that far I wouldn't think. There are so many fucking WRs in this draft I suppose it's possible.
Yeah when I was running the mock I saw WR's going later that I really liked too. There are just so many WR's that I could have snagged probably more guys who would have looked like steals. I guess NFL teams are only going to take so many WR's so some guys might fall once teams that really need WR's already pluck one.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

2: R2P18
S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

3: R3P17
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

4: R4P16
RB NYHEIM HINES
NC STATE

5: R4P37
WR ANTONIO CALLAWAY
FLORIDA

6: R5P34
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH

Pretty happy with this. Adding some real juice to the offense and defense. Didn't really get the O lineman I wanted.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE ST.

S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

DL DEADRIN SENAT
SOUTH FLORIDA

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

171: R5P34
LB DORIAN O’DANIEL
CLEMSON

192: R6P18
C SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
UCLA

193: R6P19
DL P.J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON ST.

208: R6P34
RB DARREL WILLIAMS
L.S.U.

236: R7P18
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

I have to say I'd be pretty thrilled if it went down like this. Rebuilt the WR corp with size and speed. Finished off the defense with a couple stud interior guys and a safety as well as built talent and depth at LBer. Got a center/guard who I think could be your third interior guy right away. And for some reason I like Riley Ferguson, I think it's just because he is such a gun slinger. I don't think there was anything too crazy that happened in the draft.
This is spank-worthy.

Cotton

Staff member
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

2: R2P18
S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

3: R3P17
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

4: R4P16
RB NYHEIM HINES
NC STATE

5: R4P37
WR ANTONIO CALLAWAY
FLORIDA

6: R5P34
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH

Pretty happy with this. Adding some real juice to the offense and defense. Didn't really get the O lineman I wanted.
So is this, but I'm fairly sure Settle is gone by that point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
The Athletic did one where they divided the teams up among the writers. Sturm got the Cowboys and took Ridley with Hernandez and Wynn still on the board.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Athletic did one where they divided the teams up among the writers. Sturm got the Cowboys and took Ridley with Hernandez and Wynn still on the board.
I'm fine with Ridley at 19, but no way in hell is Sutton worth it

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with Ridley at 19, but no way in hell is Sutton worth it
Sutton has excellent bust potential. Also has star potential. Ridley is a much safer pick. As much as people bitch about him being slight, DeSean Jackson was slight but tore up the league for the better part of a decade. He got banged up from time to time but no more than Dez who's a specimen. Guys play with the body they have.

Top Bottom