Random 2018 Mock Drafts Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your score is: 21018 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Derwin James, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 18: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Deadrin Senat, DT, South Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 18: Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State (A+)
It's such a ridiculously good draft that I'm not sure I see the point in commenting on it because it's so unrealistic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's such a ridiculously good draft that I'm not sure I see the point in commenting on it because it's so unrealistic.
Unrealistic is the correct word. There is no way Phillips OR Goedert falls to the 3rd. I doubt Hernandez falls to the second, either. Wait, when did we get two 2nd round picks?

EDIT: just noticed it has us trading back in the first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Unrealistic is the correct word. There is no way Phillips OR Goedert falls to the 3rd. I doubt Hernandez falls to the second, either. Wait, when did we get two 2nd round picks?

EDIT: just noticed it has us trading back in the first.
3or 4 potential first-round picks. I hate those fanspeak mocks. It gives every swinging dick the impression Dallas can clean up.

Leonard in the 7th? Yeah, if he is caught with several dead hookers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea there's a better chance that I sprout wings and fly to the moon than there is of any team putting together a haul like that.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yea there's a better chance that I sprout wings and fly to the moon than there is of any team putting together a haul like that.
Not saying the above draft would be possible, but the Steelers, Cowboys and 49'ers have had drafts with multiple HOF'ers IIRC...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Latest Reuter 3 rounder:

19. Da'Ron Payne - DT, Alabama
50. Cowboys: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
81. Cowboys: DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State

:hawfap

Full mock at http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914707/article/threeround-mock-draft-browns-among-7-teams-that-pick-qb?campaign=tw-cf-sf181428892-sf181428892&sf181428892=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
Pretty solid, I might prefer Hurst to Payne, and I would definitely prefer Isaiah Wynn to Andrews, but overall I'd take it.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
NFL.com: Three-round mock draft: Browns among 7 teams that pick QB

NFL.com: Three-round mock draft: Browns among 7 teams that pick QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914707/article/threeround-mock-draft-browns-bills-among-7-clubs-that-pick-qb

19 Da'Ron Payne - DT, Alabama
Payne showed in the College Football Playoff that he can be a force in the middle, which is something the Cowboys' defense lacks.

Man people really seem to think we want a DT. I don't think we value the position that much, honestly.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't see the Seahawks going safety there. That makes little sense. They need OL.
Yeah I just think getting Derwin James to put at safety would be a homerun for us. Plus I think he is a perfect fit for our new secondary coach. To me he is that elite level player who could help take this defense to a special status.

Da'Ron Payne is nice but I don't think he would have nearly the same type of impact.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914707/article/threeround-mock-draft-browns-bills-among-7-clubs-that-pick-qb

19 Da'Ron Payne - DT, Alabama
Payne showed in the College Football Playoff that he can be a force in the middle, which is something the Cowboys' defense lacks.

Man people really seem to think we want a DT. I don't think we value the position that much, honestly.
Yeah it's not going to happen. At least when some project us with Hurst they understand what Dallas values in a DT. Which is a 3 technique with ability to penetrate. Still I'd say there is almost no chance of that happening either.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah it's not going to happen. At least when some project us with Hurst they understand what Dallas values in a DT. Which is a 3 technique with ability to penetrate. Still I'd say there is almost no chance of that happening either.
I would totally be in on Vea though. If he can't thrive in our scheme then we need to change the fucking scheme.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would totally be in on Vea though. If he can't thrive in our scheme then we need to change the fucking scheme.
I think he is actually a perfect fit in our defense. I think he would be a bit wasted in a 3-4 but in our defense he'd actually have the ability to make a real impact. More so than Payne who would at best be sort of an unsung hero in our defense. I like the idea of a monster in the middle of our defense. But Dallas doesn't seem to share that vision.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Monday Mock Draft: Would this 4-rd haul help Cowboys dethrone Eagles?

Monday Mock Draft: Would this 4-rd haul help Cowboys dethrone Eagles?

The Cowboys now have a target in their minds. Division-rival Philadelphia has been crowned champion of the football world and Dallas will need to dethrone them in order to hoist the Lombardi next season. To do so, they will need to augment their current talent level with another strong offseason, and given Dallas’ recent track record in free agency that will have to come through the 2018 draft class.

In our latest four-round mock conducted using On the Clock’s Premium Simulator, we attempted to pull off such a haul. Check it out.

No. 19: Edge Rusher Marcus Davenport, UTSA
A lot of folks doubted whether Davenport was worth the projection during the first few days of Senior Bowl practice. Then he owned Thursday and recorded two sacks and a fumble in the game. Get him for five years for cheap, give Lawrence a five-year deal and go kill every quarterback ever.

No. 50: James Daniels, G, Iowa
The Cowboys would move Daniels over to left guard after playing center his time in Des Moines. That position flexibility means the Cowboys will just need a veteran backup at left guard fill the interior backup spot on gamedays as Daniels could slide over if anything were to happen to Travis Frederick. At 6-foot-4, 295 pounds and highly intelligent, he’ll fit right in with what Dallas wants along the OL.

He’s aggressive and gets to the second level with ease and fluidity, which should mesh well with the wants of new OL coach Paul Alexander.

No. 81: Derrick Nnadi, 1-Tech, Florida State
Nnadi would fit in nicely as the new one-tech for the Dallas Cowboys. Standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 310 pounds, this fits the prototype for the position the Cowboys favor. He’s squatty and powerful, giving himself a leverage ability over his opponents. He’s been a great run stuffer who can get into the backfield, as he has 15 TFLs over the last two seasons.

No. 118: Kemoko Turay, Otto LB, Rutgers
With the hiring of Kris Richard from Seattle, hopefully the Dallas defense will begin to get creative in how they defend the pass. Turay is a hidden gem, and may not make it to Day 3 of the draft if he blows up the combine. Dallas would be wise to add him to a five-man defensive line, especially if they continue to use right defensive end as more of an edge setter than pass-rushing threat. Double-dipping at edge rusher combined with retaining DeMarcus Lawrence and David Irving, and the ascension of Taco Charlton could turn the corner for Dallas. Pun intended.

Turay stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 252 pounds.

No. 138: Daesean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
The best route-runner in the draft has horrible hands. Get him here and see what new WR coach Sanjay Lal can teach to turn him into a star.

No. 139: Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State
He’ll have to level up quickly, but this small-school gem has a future in the NFL. 6-foot-6, 300 pounds with a nasty attitude and good hands.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cowboys now have a target in their minds. Division-rival Philadelphia has been crowned champion of the football world and Dallas will need to dethrone them in order to hoist the Lombardi next season. To do so, they will need to augment their current talent level with another strong offseason, and given Dallas’ recent track record in free agency that will have to come through the 2018 draft class.

In our latest four-round mock conducted using On the Clock’s Premium Simulator, we attempted to pull off such a haul. Check it out.

No. 19: Edge Rusher Marcus Davenport, UTSA
A lot of folks doubted whether Davenport was worth the projection during the first few days of Senior Bowl practice. Then he owned Thursday and recorded two sacks and a fumble in the game. Get him for five years for cheap, give Lawrence a five-year deal and go kill every quarterback ever.

No. 50: James Daniels, G, Iowa
The Cowboys would move Daniels over to left guard after playing center his time in Des Moines. That position flexibility means the Cowboys will just need a veteran backup at left guard fill the interior backup spot on gamedays as Daniels could slide over if anything were to happen to Travis Frederick. At 6-foot-4, 295 pounds and highly intelligent, he’ll fit right in with what Dallas wants along the OL.

He’s aggressive and gets to the second level with ease and fluidity, which should mesh well with the wants of new OL coach Paul Alexander.

No. 81: Derrick Nnadi, 1-Tech, Florida State
Nnadi would fit in nicely as the new one-tech for the Dallas Cowboys. Standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 310 pounds, this fits the prototype for the position the Cowboys favor. He’s squatty and powerful, giving himself a leverage ability over his opponents. He’s been a great run stuffer who can get into the backfield, as he has 15 TFLs over the last two seasons.

No. 118: Kemoko Turay, Otto LB, Rutgers
With the hiring of Kris Richard from Seattle, hopefully the Dallas defense will begin to get creative in how they defend the pass. Turay is a hidden gem, and may not make it to Day 3 of the draft if he blows up the combine. Dallas would be wise to add him to a five-man defensive line, especially if they continue to use right defensive end as more of an edge setter than pass-rushing threat. Double-dipping at edge rusher combined with retaining DeMarcus Lawrence and David Irving, and the ascension of Taco Charlton could turn the corner for Dallas. Pun intended.

Turay stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 252 pounds.

No. 138: Daesean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
The best route-runner in the draft has horrible hands. Get him here and see what new WR coach Sanjay Lal can teach to turn him into a star.

No. 139: Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State
He’ll have to level up quickly, but this small-school gem has a future in the NFL. 6-foot-6, 300 pounds with a nasty attitude and good hands.
That would be a pretty killer haul. No question about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This one is interesting.

Trade from 19 to 29 for the Jaguars' 2nd

29. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
50. Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
61. Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
81. Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama
112. Kylie Fitts, DE, Utah

Not a big fan of the Fitts pick, but the rest was pretty solid.

Top Bottom