2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
How fast is he? He put up pretty stellar numbers and obviously has great size. If he can run well I'm sure he will be drafted plenty high. Of course if he is a 4.6 or 4.7 kind of guy it might not matter so much.
He's skinny and weak. He has the strongest hands and catches every damn thing thrown his way.

I love him but think he needs to hang around for another year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's skinny and weak. He has the strongest hands and catches every damn thing thrown his way.

I love him but think he needs to hang around for another year.
I would agree with this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The new staff has done a pretty admirable job of swinging some of the commits back into the fold.

Kliff's QB commit decommited and was going to follow Kliff to USC but the new staff was able to sway him back. A few other's decommited and then recommited recently.

Hopefully we can keep our LBers from transferring. That would blow.

midswat

... soon
University of Florida offers UCF a 2-1 and UCF, who has been crying no one will give them a chance - hence their pathetic schedule - tucks tail and declines.

Mmmmm’kay

D

Deuce

University of Florida offers UCF a 2-1 and UCF, who has been crying no one will give them a chance - hence their pathetic schedule - tucks tail and declines.

Mmmmm’kay
Yeah, uhhh...that isn’t completely correct. That’s what the bullshit SEC media likes to put out, but isn’t right.

Our AD has been adamant that he would like to play UF but they aren’t willing to play ball. They claim they’ve offered a 2:1, but no formal offer has ever been extended.

And to be honest, if they did bring a formal offer and we declined, I would support our AD. In the past when in discussions, UF wanted an uneven series with our “home game” being off campus at Camping World Stadium which will give them half the profits from the gate. That’s the same deal they just got with USF with half their home game gate at Raymond James Stadium going to UF while they got a measley $500k for the series. This is on par for a wanna be blue blood program who doesnt play a legit non-conference road game ever except for at FSU every other year and the only reason that even takes place is because FSU slums in the Florida Senate forced them to 25 years ago. Other than FSU, UF’s last non-conference road game was against Syracuse in 1991. :lol

Also of note, for a G5 team who gets only $2M annually from their TV contract, giving up the profits from a true home game would destroy our yearly budget. Danny did counter their bullshit public comments saying he’s willing to do a home and home with a 3rd game at a neutral site, but nobody seems to care about that. Also, his model of only offering home and home series seems to be working as we have a decent cast of P5 teams on future schedules. If UF doesn’t want to be part of it, F them.

midswat

... soon
Sounds like a lot of excuse making from a fanbase begging for credibility. Whatever. Keep playing your cake boy aac schedule and whine about being left out when it matters.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ummm...Urban Meyer? UCF?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ummm...Urban Meyer? UCF?

awkward

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The TE that Tech swiped away from a few other programs is really impressive.

D

Deuce

Ummm...Urban Meyer? UCF?

Just promoting the most elite programs in the country. No big deal.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Ummm...Urban Meyer? UCF?

Meyer will have a USC shirt on in 2020.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Anybody watching any of the WGAF bowls? I'm kind of watching the (Looks at guide) DXL Frisco Bowl between Ohio State and SDSU. At least until Forged In Fire comes on.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Anybody watching any of the WGAF bowls? I'm kind of watching the (Looks at guide) DXL Frisco Bowl between Ohio State and SDSU. At least until Forged In Fire comes on.
I haven't even turned on the TV. I'm not sure what is going on with me these days when it comes to football.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I see that Oklahoma loaded up on a bunch of DBs who are 6' tall and up for their 2019 class. About damn time.

Finally starting to add some size to the secondary to combat these 6'3" to 6'5" WRs that always destroy them. Under Mike Stoops they signed way too many 5'9" 170 lbs type DBs and the results showed on the field.

Other than the DBs the offense will continue to be one of the elite forces in college football post Mayfield/Murray. They signed Spencer Rattler a 5-star QB (Nation's #1 dual threat QB) from AZ and added two WRs who are widely considered top 10 nationally in the WR rankings. Also, they're supposedly ahead of Georgia for the nation's best WR, Jason Hadelwood, who happens to be from Georgia. Pretty impressive to walk right into Georgia's backyard and not only rip the state's best player from Georgia, but out of the SEC as well.

If all this stuff comes together as expected, Rattler may put Kyler Murray's numbers to shame with all those weapons at his disposal.

Now if we can just get this damn defense figured out. Again, we don't need to be dominant, middle of the pack will do. I'm hoping we can eventually get to a point where OU is at least ranked in the 30s/40s nationally in defensive rankings. It may take a couple of years.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I see that Oklahoma loaded up on a bunch of DBs who are 6' tall and up for their 2019 class. About damn time.

Finally starting to add some size to the secondary to combat these 6'3" to 6'5" WRs that always destroy them. Under Mike Stoops they signed way too many 5'9" 170 lbs type DBs and the results showed on the field.

Other than the DBs the offense will continue to be one of the elite forces in college football post Mayfield/Murray. They signed Spencer Rattler a 5-star QB (Nation's #1 dual threat QB) from AZ and added two WRs who are widely considered top 10 nationally in the WR rankings. Also, they're supposedly ahead of Georgia for the nation's best WR, Jason Hadelwood, who happens to be from Georgia. Pretty impressive to walk right into Georgia's backyard and not only rip the state's best player from Georgia, but out of the SEC as well.

If all this stuff comes together as expected, Rattler may put Kyler Murray's numbers to shame with all those weapons at his disposal.

Now if we can just get this damn defense figured out. Again, we don't need to be dominant, middle of the pack will do. I'm hoping we can eventually get to a point where OU is at least ranked in the 30s/40s nationally in defensive rankings. It may take a couple of years.

The first thing I looked at was the height of our db's.

midswat

... soon
Also, they're supposedly ahead of Georgia for the nation's best WR, Jason Hadelwood, who happens to be from Georgia. Pretty impressive to walk right into Georgia's backyard and not only rip the state's best player from Georgia, but out of the SEC as well.
Justin Fields, 5 Star 2018 QB, is transferring from UGA because apparently Kirby Smart lied to the kid during recruitment. Fields and Haselwood are close friends. Haselwood decommited from UGA right about when the Fields transfer rumors started to pop up mid season.

Some people think Fields ends up at either PSU or OSU, but there’s a rumor going that Fields and Haselwood are coordinating playing together at Oklahoma.

midswat

... soon
Speaking of UGA and recruiting.... Nolan Smith, the #1 recruit in the country posted a pic of his brand new Ford Raptor on social media right after signing.

UGA is signing 5 Star after 5 Star. NCAA should probably take a peek into that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Justin Fields, 5 Star 2018 QB, is transferring from UGA because apparently Kirby Smart lied to the kid during recruitment. Fields and Haselwood are close friends. Haselwood decommited from UGA right about when the Fields transfer rumors started to pop up mid season.

Some people think Fields ends up at either PSU or OSU, but there’s a rumor going that Fields and Haselwood are coordinating playing together at Oklahoma.
That's some good info. I didn't know that. I hadn't heard anything about Fields possibly heading top Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom