2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Also puts him in a spot where if his O flourishes but they still lose games, Helton will be outnand he could have a shot at the gig. Talking about falling up.
He will succeed somewhere at some point. There is no doubt in my mind.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don’t think so. Bama without Tua is still undefeated. Oklahoma with their D and without Murray is Tulsa.
That’’s basically how I see it as well. Oklahoma’s defense is historically bad for that program. There’s no way they’d be this successful without Kyler Murray.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That’’s basically how I see it as well. Oklahoma’s defense is historically bad for that program. There’s no way they’d be this successful without Kyler Murray.
They could look at it the other way as well and give Tue credit for putting up the numbers he that he did in significantly less playing time than Murray. Remember Tua sat out quite a few 4th quarters because games had already been decided, and he also split time with Hurts early in the year.

His numbers would be bigger if not for those factors.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
They could look at it the other way as well and give Tue credit for putting up the numbers he that he did in significantly less playing time than Murray. Remember Tua sat out quite a few 4th quarters because games had already been decided, and he also split time with Hurts early in the year.

His numbers would be bigger if not for those factors.
I get that, but we know that this is more about the significance of the player with respect to his team rather than the raw numbers. Alabama would still be undefeated without Tua, where Oklahoma would have a far worse record without Murray. To me, that is the deciding factor.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Kyler Murray wins the Heisman. As he should have.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I see that someone went through Kyler Murray's old tweets and found some tweets of him using the word "queer" when he was 14 or 15 years old.

If you want to do that to expose something hateful that someone said when they were an adult, fine, but who the hell cares what someone said as a teenager. Pretty much everyone has uttered inappropriate comments as adolescents.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I see that someone went through Kyler Murray's old tweets and found some tweets of him using the word "queer" when he was 14 or 15 years old.

If you want to do that to expose something hateful that someone said when they were an adult, fine, but who the hell cares what someone said as a teenager. Pretty much everyone has uttered inappropriate comments as adolescents.
I get so tired of this type of crap. I damn sure hope that someone doesn't decide to dig up all of the stupid things I have said over the years. My life would be screwed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get so tired of this type of crap. I damn sure hope that someone doesn't decide to dig up all of the stupid things I have said over the years. My life would be screwed.
Yeah its horseshit. So glad Facebook and twitter didn't exist when we were kids.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can finally use the desktop version of this site which means I can finally post in here.

Well I'll be damned.....went 8-4, lost the Big 12 Championship game and yet here we are still finding ourselves in a NY6 bowl game vs an elite team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Kansas State just poached the NDSU Bison head coach, Chris Klieman. I really hate that they announce this shit now. Semi finals this Friday against their biggest rival, SDSU. Why not wait to avoid any kind of distraction?

-------------

Klieman will coach the team through the playoffs, according to an NDSU release.

Klieman agreed to a six-year contract with a base salary of $2.3 million in 2019 with a $200,000 raise each year, according to a Kansas State news release. Klieman made a $457,000 base salary, including bonuses, in 2017 at NDSU.

The hire ends eight years of success at North Dakota State for Klieman, the first three as an assistant coach and the past five as the head coach. NDSU went 110-8 in that span with six Division I FCS national titles.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Wesley has declared for the draft...this sucks and I don't think he's ready at all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wesley has declared for the draft...this sucks and I don't think he's ready at all.
I don't think he's ready either. I think having a new coach scared him into declaring. Having an unknown offense come would be a little scary.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think he's ready either. I think having a new coach scared him into declaring. Having an unknown offense come would be a little scary.
You always lose some with a coaching change. He should at least get drafted so there is that I guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How fast is he? He put up pretty stellar numbers and obviously has great size. If he can run well I'm sure he will be drafted plenty high. Of course if he is a 4.6 or 4.7 kind of guy it might not matter so much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How fast is he? He put up pretty stellar numbers and obviously has great size. If he can run well I'm sure he will be drafted plenty high. Of course if he is a 4.6 or 4.7 kind of guy it might not matter so much.
I don't know what his 40 times is, but he looks like he just plodding along, but in fact is moving pretty quickly. He probably has Dez type speed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what his 40 times is, but he looks like he just plodding along, but in fact is moving pretty quickly. He probably has Dez type speed.
I mean Dez had plenty of speed in his prime. Unfortunately you have to work hard to maintain that speed as you age. Especially as a bigger guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom