2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’m happy for you. Couldn’t have been an easy decision for the school.

But now where here do they turn?
I don't know if it's a rumor floated by TTU homers or what, but I've seen Dabo Swinney's name thrown out there. Personally I don't see it happening.

He has a big enough name that I think he could land a better job. Not trying to throw shade at TTU, but it feels like taking the Tech job would be him settling.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kliff was not a good HC but he is an extremely good person, one of the most decorated players in our history and did things the right way as far as running a clean program. I am glad that Kliff was fired but sad it didn't work out. I realize that none of this matters to you because you see things very much different as far as personal qualities, school pride, taking care of student athletes and so forth. Good for you on being a tough guy though.
:lol

You're so predictable. I was hoping it would work out, too. If you recall I was ecstatic at the hire once I got past the worry of him never being a HC before. But, it didn't work out and I have wanted him gone for two years now and am glad they are finally doing it.

Cotton

Staff member
That's a stupid ass fantasy that retards still have 10 years later.
I know there is no way it happens, but it would be glorious if it did. If for nothing else than to watch your irrational reaction to it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know if it's a rumor floated by TTU homers or what, but I've seen Dabo Swinney's name thrown out there. Personally I don't see it happening.

He has a big enough name that I think he could land a better job. Not trying to throw shade at TTU, but it feels like taking the Tech job would be him settling.
I mean't Brent Venables.

For some reason the edit feature isn't working properly so I couldn't edit the original post.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
but he is sooooo dreamy......

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know there is no way it happens, but it would be glorious if it did. If for nothing else than to watch your irrational reaction to it.
That's about the level of hiring intelligence you have.

Cotton

Staff member
That's about the level of hiring intelligence you have.

You are so sensitive. Mainly because your BF Kliff is going bye bye. It's okay, you can have a mancrush on someone else. It won't even be considered cheating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What special kind of retard thinks Dabo would go to Texas Tech?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You are so sensitive. Mainly because your BF Kliff is going bye bye. It's okay, you can have a mancrush on someone else. It won't even be considered cheating.
I honestly think that you're remembering this incorrectly. The debating that we have going on is about Leach. This Kliff stuff is pretty much a new trick that you conjured up. I think maybe this year you started rolling out this rhetoric. We have never argued about this topic mainly because there is nothing to argue. We don't even disagree about any of it, so I have no idea what you're doing.

Cotton

Staff member
I honestly think that you're remembering this incorrectly. The debating that we have going on is about Leach. This Kliff stuff is pretty much a new trick that you conjured up. I think maybe this year you started rolling out this rhetoric. We have never argued about this topic mainly because there is nothing to argue. We don't even disagree about any of it, so I have no idea what you're doing.
I'm just giving you shit.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
What special kind of retard thinks Dabo would go to Texas Tech?
The same types of retard who think that Lubbock is a great place to live.

That being said, his post was corrected. Not sure if Venables is ready to be a head coach, though. Would Tech really want to go through those kinds of growing pains again?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I want a tough ass coach that is possibly defensive minded. You can get 30 different coaches out there to coach the offense. Pretty much anyone can chunk the ball around or whatever.

Someone who can bring some energy and wow recruits.

D

Deuce

Kliff was not a good HC but he is an extremely good person, one of the most decorated players in our history and did things the right way as far as running a clean program. I am glad that Kliff was fired but sad it didn't work out. I realize that none of this matters to you because you see things very much different as far as personal qualities, school pride, taking care of student athletes and so forth. Good for you on being a tough guy though.
In your previous post, you mentioned a chance for a culture change. It doesn’t sound like one is needed. Just get a guy who can carry on the culture, but is better with X’s and O’s.

Cotton

Staff member
In your previous post, you mentioned a chance for a culture change. It doesn’t sound like one is needed. Just get a guy who can carry on the culture, but is better with X’s and O’s.
I don't think a culture change is needed at all.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A culture of being very tough does not exist in Lubbock right now. A culture of winning and being defensive minded. All of that is tied to who Tech has been for the last 20 years sadly.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom