2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know we wanted to win but to run Bowman in that situation seemed dumb. He's slow af.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know we wanted to win but to run Bowman in that situation seemed dumb. He's slow af.
Yep, especially just coming off of a collapsed lung that put him in the hospital for 4 days.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think so too because Tech was trading punches with the Sooners in the first half. The inability for Tech to have a passing game in the second half did them in.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun to watch. I think we have a damn god chance of pulling it out if Bowman doesn't get hurt.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not really. Tech discovered the same thing about OU,s defense that I pointed out earlier. The secondary for OU is a welcome mat for a team like Tech who has tall receivers. They can be shredded with completions or interference calls by the secondary trying to defend. It’s a built in give away for any team with good tall receivers.
IMO, it's not just tall WRs. I believe the secondary's problem is mostly scheme. Even though they made the change and finally ran Mike Stoops out of town, the timing of the move meant that we're still stuck with his ineffective scheme until the end of this season. I expected things to be immediately better under Ruffin McNeill but I also understood there was only so much that could be done because you can't completely scrap a scheme at midseason.

Once the new coach is put in place in Jan/Feb we'll finally be able to completely trash Stoops schemes and start fresh.

One thing that I do blame McNeill for was the soft pass rush. Bowman's lighting them up and casually chilling in the pocket and instead of bringing pressure to disrupt him, we stubbornly stuck with 3-man pass rushes for most of the 1st half. And as expected Bowman, like any decent QB, looked like a stud when given that much time to throw. Going forward, instead of being terrified of getting burned deep I'd like to see them play more aggressively and speed up the opposing QB's thought process.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it was a lot of fun to watch. I think we have a damn god chance of pulling it out if Bowman doesn't get hurt.

Oh, it was a different game without him in there. I hope he's ok, but I was relieved he wasn't playing the 2nd half.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
"Go go gadget brakes" "Let's rewatch this episode of Momma there goes my ankles"

:lol:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tough back to back losses.

We basically lost our shot at the NY6 which is disappointing because both of those losses were winnable, especially the WVU game.

How do you not keep everything in front of you with 16 seconds on the clock at that spot on the field? :doh

Even still, when you look at the grand scheme of things, the Longhorns are still in a good place and they continue to show signs of improvement which is ultimately what all Longhorns fans wanted coming into this season. While being 6-1 was great, I did feel like we were playing a bit above our heads and I expected us to lose one of these last 2, so it's not like I'm shocked right now or anything.

So if they can get to 8 wins, especially 9, I will gladly take it and be happy with the progress made this season and hope that they build on it next season and make a real run at the playoffs and the BIG 12 championship.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Time to get into some Bedlam.

Boomer!

Sooner!

If the defense plays a halfway decent game Oklahoma should win by 17 or more.

1bigfan13

Staff member
1st play of the game Sermon almost scores on a 60 yard run.

It's going to be a good day.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Welp, so much for hoping that the defense show up.

What an embarrassment. The Oklahoma secondary is complete trash.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Time to accept reality. Oklahoma doesn't need to be anywhere near the CFB playoffs. Their defense is pure garbage. Tua and Bama would hang 60 on them thru 3 qtrs.

Just give us a Fiesta Bowl or whatever and hopefully they can find a defensive coordinator who's worth a damn after the season is over.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Told you before. Mike Stoops still lives.
Yep. It was just wishful thinking on my part thinking we'd see some in-season improvement. Unfortunately still have to work within the blueprint of Mike Stoops schemes until the season is over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I would dedicate someone in the secondary to blitz on every down. All they have to do is keep the QB off balance. Kill three or 4drives in the game and you have. Three TD margin.
Yep. It was just wishful thinking on my part thinking we'd see some in-season improvement. Unfortunately still have to work within the blueprint of Mike Stoops schemes until the season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom