2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Probably because of homecoming stuff
I guess you will stay up and watch it but I’m not sure I can keep my eyes open to the finish. 10:00 pm start is pretty late to start a game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess you will stay up and watch it but I’m not sure I can keep my eyes open to the finish. 10:00 pm start is pretty late to start a game.
Its a 2:30 start

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thanks. I saw a 10:00 start time on the TV guide. They have now corrected it. My wife and I discussed the time so I am not hallucinating.

Its a 2:30 start

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Bowman back in the lineup today after a collapsed lung a few weeks ago.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Solid first effort by the Oklahoma defense in the post Mike Stoops era.

- They gave up under 300 total yards.
- Held the opposing QBs to under a 50% completion rate.
- Only had 3 poor defensive series.
- The munch maligned secondary pulled down 1 INT(should have been 3 but DBs dropped two easy picks).
- The defense finally got their first red zone stop of the season today. Prior to today's game OU opponents had scored on 100% of their red zone opportunities.

Sure TCU's offense hasn't been very good this year, but all Sooners fans know that's never mattered before with Mike Stoops was running the defense. If Stoops were still coaching the defense I'm willing to bet TCU scores close to 40 points and puts up over 400 yards of offense. I've seen it happen too many times before. Marginal offenses all of a sudden look like Steve Spurrier's Fun-n-Gun attack thanks to Stoops' schemes.

So it was great watching the Oklahoma defense make an average offense look average for a change. Needless to see today was a step in the right direction.

I can't wait to see how this defense looks next year once we've had a full offseason to purge ourselves of Mike Stoops' stank.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
In today’s overly penalized game (read: the refs called more phantom penalties on both teams than I’ve ever seen), Michigan had more penalty yards than MSU had total yards.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Alabama is pretty good.

:budd
It's going to take a team with an elite offense to beat them. I don't think there's a defense in the country that can slow them down. Your best bet is to try to outgun them and hope your offense has the last possession of the game in a one score game.

In a couple of weeks we'll see if LSU blows up my theory.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm scared shitless of playing in Ames.
I State is a solid physical team. They are also very improved on their offense system. The are a bit of an enigma in that they play tough teams tough but let up on some of the average teams. My guess is tech will have success if they have continuity with their offense. If not they might get steam rolled because I State is pretty good at ball control.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm scared shitless of playing in Ames.
and if I remember correctly in the recent past we havent exactly played that well up there as it is.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Ohio St :laff Everyone

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That is just inexcusable.

If I were the coach, I'd probably bench that guy for an entire week so that he and the rest of the defense never pull some shit like that again.

Jaylon Smith almost made a similar mistake vs Houston on that great play where he simply threw his shoulder into Watson as opposed of wrapping him up. In fact, the reason Watson didn't bounce off of that hit and fall into the endzone is because there were 2 more defenders there.

My point is, why the hell is it so hard for defenders in football today to wrap a guy up and take him to the ground? You can still lay people out while wrapping up, so I don't know what the excuse is.

And this jackass in the video tries to grab him and throw him forward?

If I were a HC or even a DC, I would play one stupid tackle attempt every single week for my players to remind them why they need to secure the tackle because shit like that is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom