2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And yes, OU will have the best offense in the conference for as long as Murray is there.

What a special talent he is and they've got explosive players everywhere.

They get a decent defense in there and they'll be the class of the conference.

Seeing Texas' resurgence is nice. No....it's amazing. :towel

But we still don't have anything special at the skill positions and what we're doing is more a product of the coaching. I was not sold on Herman before, but I must say he is proving me wrong so far.

Lots of season still to be played so anything can happen, but right now I have to give the guy his props.

My point is, if OU gets their defense straightened out, they should be a CFP favorite next season and even this season isn't completely out of the question.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And yes, OU will have the best offense in the conference for as long as Murray is there.

What a special talent he is and they've got explosive players everywhere.

They get a decent defense in there and they'll be the class of the conference.

Seeing Texas' resurgence is nice. No....it's amazing. :towel

But we still don't have anything special at the skill positions and what we're doing is more a product of the coaching. I was not sold on Herman before, but I must say he is proving me wrong so far.

Lots of season still to be played so anything can happen, but right now I have to give the guy his props.

My point is, if OU gets their defense straightened out, they should be a CFP favorite next season and even this season isn't completely out of the question.
Have fun getting beat by Baylor.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.
UT had had a good defense for the last few years for sure.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Have fun getting beat by Baylor.
Maybe.

We're making strides but we have by no means arrived yet.

Texas should not be taking anyone for granted.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Maybe.

We're making strides but we have by no means arrived yet.

Texas should not be taking anyone for granted.
I actually think that Texas is going to be really good soon. That is too bad because y'all's HC is a giant douche.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I actually think that Texas is going to be really good soon. That is too bad because y'all's HC is a giant douche.
The arrow is certainly pointing up, but I'm still not ready to annoint neither Herman nor Ehlinger.

They have both done very well during this win streak, but I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

But I hope you're right. This has been a very long and frustrating 8 years.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've been surprised by Notre Dame so far this year, I keep waiting for them to fall on their face. They're one of something like six 6-0 teams and there's no way I saw that coming before the season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.
I think it's because he's toughened up the entire team. Unlike a lot of coaches these days, he's not afraid to have players hit and be physical in practice.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I pointed out last night that the low score from the TCU-TT game was a direct result of Mike Stoops stank being purged from the Big 12.

Now that his cloud of suck is no longer hanging over the conference teams are inspired to play harder and with more discipline on D.

I expect a lot of SEC like scores from here on out.

Rev

Staff member
I pointed out last night that the low score from the TCU-TT game was a direct result of Mike Stoops stank being purged from the Big 12.

Now that his cloud of suck is no longer hanging over the conference teams are inspired to play harder and with more discipline on D.

nevermind.. I went back a few pages....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

In three games at Oklahoma State, against West Virginia and at TCU, Texas Tech went 2-1, lost to the 'Eers by one score and allowed just seven second-half points on defense.

:art

Rev

Staff member
In three games at Oklahoma State, against West Virginia and at TCU, Texas Tech went 2-1, lost to the 'Eers by one score and allowed just seven second-half points on defense.

:art
Fucking Kingsbury is going to save his job. Just to disappoint later.

Rev

Staff member
Are you happy deep down in your heart or are you a really disappointed fan?
Of course Im disappointed. All this is doing is kicking the can down the road and I hate wasting time on what I believe to be a foregone conclusion. We are going to waste time here just like Dallas has wasted for the last 5 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iowa's TEs are so good. Hockenson is a stud as well. And he blocks better than any Dallas TEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom