2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's the same story every single year.

Hundreds have defensive players have cycled through OU since 2012.

Every year the pass rush sucks.

Every year the run defense.

Every year the defense sucks at generating turnovers.

Every year the defense struggles to hold good teams under 40.

Every year new defensive players cycle in and out of the lineup.

There's only one constant involved in this year to year display of unspectacular play......Mike Stoops.

It's maddening that he's yet to be held accountable for clearly under-performing, and quite frankly he's primarily responsible for derailing Oklahoma's championship hopes each and every year. With just an average defense Oklahoma probably at least make it to another title game.

Also, think about this. There is a strong possibility that Oklahoma will have a Heisman winner/finalist QB for FOUR straight years. That's insane. Yet this window of great QB play and historic offensive production will be wasted because of Bob Stoops' retarded little brother.

I have a feeling that 10 years from now if Lincoln Riley and the current AD are still around they are going to be wondering 'what if'. "What if we had the courage to do what was right and gave ourselves a better chance to cash in on some historically great QB play."

Eh, serves them right. Sports are supposed to be a meritocracy. When you skew from that basic fundamental of sports and start handing people positions without them earning it, you usually get poorer results.
Amen.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another mind-numbing fact.

In Oklahoma's last two losses their offense has scored 90 points. NINETY FREAKING points and they're still losing games. :lol

This clown needs to go ASAP.

midswat

... soon
Well.... Tennessee didn’t lose yesterday.

Bye week never had a chance.

Auburn and Alabama on deck though.... so they will.... soon.

midswat

... soon
And I know auburn has been looking like shit the past two weeks but god hates me so they’ll right the ship by next weekend.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Another mind-numbing fact.

In Oklahoma's last two losses their offense has scored 90 points. NINETY FREAKING points and they're still losing games. :lol

This clown needs to go ASAP.

On top of that, teams are 100% in the red zone against us and have not failed to convert a 4th down.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah we can see it but for some reason The Athletic Director either doesn’t see it or brother Bob made a deal with his resignation to protect brother Mike. The set up yesterday was so obvious for Oklahoma. Texas has big tall receivers and OU has a small secondary. The tall receivers are going to prevail by either catching the ball or getting an interference call. With a setup like that you don’t play coverage defense you play press to keep the heat on the quarterback. So what do we see in the defense scheme? Three down lineman and everyone giving ground at the snap. I was furious.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
On top of that, teams are 100% in the red zone against us and have not failed to convert a 4th down.
Yea, they showed yesterday that OU had the worst red zone defense and Texas had the worst red zone offense so something had to give.

Luckily for us, it was the OU defense that continued their trend.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OH SNAP!

It's looking like Mike Stoops has been fired. :towel

Thank you Texas. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

:towel

D

Deuce

OH SNAP!

It's looking like Mike Stoops has been fired. :towel

Thank you Texas. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

:towel
I look forward to seeing who your next target will be with both Stoops brothers gone. I haven’t seen you complain about OU football for 15 years without them being the culprit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I look forward to seeing who your next target will be with both Stoops brothers gone. I haven’t seen you complain about OU football for 15 years without them being the culprit.
It scares you doesn't it?

Scares you that our high-powered offense will finally be upgrading to a DC who can put together a game plan suitable to match up against today's CFB offenses.

We don't even need a dominant defense. I think we can reasonably expect a top 30 unit with the talent that we already have on hand. We just need a coach who has a reasonable understanding of how today's CFB offenses try to attack you. The game had clearly passed Mike Stoops by. His style/schemes are better suited for the pre-2000s.

D

Deuce

It scares you doesn't it?

Scares you that our high-powered offense will finally be upgrading to a DC who can put together a game plan suitable to match up against today's CFB offenses.

We don't even need a dominant defense. I think we can reasonably expect a top 30 unit with the talent that we already have on hand. We just need a coach who has a reasonable understanding of how today's CFB offenses try to attack you. The game had clearly passed Mike Stoops by. His style/schemes are better suited for the pre-2000s.
Sorry boss, but if the Bob Diaco rumors are true than nobody is scared and you will cry yourself to sleep dreaming of the days of Mike Stoops.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Having a stout defense in the Big 12 is harder than it looks. TCU is the gold standard.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sorry boss, but if the Bob Diaco rumors are true than nobody is scared and you will cry yourself to sleep dreaming of the days of Mike Stoops.
:flip

No Diaco for you.

Ruffin McNeill will be the interim DC for the remainder of the season. They'll look for a permanent hire after the season.

Scares you doesn't it? We'll have a competent defense........soon. :art

1bigfan13

Staff member
Having a stout defense in the Big 12 is harder than it looks. TCU is the gold standard.
I'm not expecting a stout defense. Sooners fans just want a defense that's not complete joke.

The defensive performances over the last 5 years is completely unacceptable when you consider the caliber players that the program brings in. High 3-star through 5-star players up and down the defensive roster yet they look like garbage most weeks.

I watch teams that have far less talent like Iowa State play with more consistency on defense from week to week. So I don't think it's simply a Big 12 thing.

D

Deuce

:flip

No Diaco for you.

Ruffin McNeill will be the interim DC for the remainder of the season. They'll look for a permanent hire after the season.

Scares you doesn't it? We'll have a competent defense........soon. :art
Doesn’t scare me. The only Big 12 team left on our schedule will either be Texas or WV...depending which makes the CFP. :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom