2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kicking ass? At what? Not winning championships?
You dont have to win championships to kick ass. Just take a look at what their teams have accomplished. I know this was probably just a joke at Techs expense but other than football they have been in the top of the rankings/playoffs in just about every other sport.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member
You dont have to win championships to kick ass. Just take a look at what their teams have accomplished. I know this was probably just a joke at Techs expense but other than football they have been in the top of the rankings/playoffs in just about every other sport.
Yeah, Hocutt has this program, sans football, in damn good shape.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I just really love poking fun at Tech. They’re such easy targets. And Lubbock is a shithole.

Cotton

Staff member
I just really love poking fun at Tech. They’re such easy targets. And Lubbock is a shithole.
I still can't figure out what you have against Lubbock. It's actually a pretty good place to live. Of course, this is coming from a guy that moved out into the country the first chance I got. :unsure

D

Deuce

I still can't figure out what you have against Lubbock. It's actually a pretty good place to live. Of course, this is coming from a guy that moved out into the country the first chance I got. :unsure
So wait, Lubbock isn’t the country?

Cotton

Staff member
So wait, Lubbock isn’t the country?
I will have you know, it is the hub of the South Plains. You go to Amarillo or Abilene and then come back to Lubbock, and you can appreciate just how good of a place Lubbock is.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I will have you know, it is the hub of the South Plains. You go to Amarillo or Abilene and then come back to Lubbock, and you can appreciate just how good of a place Lubbock is.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
operative word...
Yes that's why I typed it. The point is that Lubbock is larger than most in the Big 12. That isn't to be confused with me trying to say that it is a sprawling metropolis. For some reason Lubbock has a reputation of being some tiny place, which it isn't.

Austin - 900k
Norman - 122k obviously part of OKC
Ames - 66k
Lubbock - 250k
Waco - 134k
Stillwater - 45k
Lawrence - 95k
Manhatten - 53k
Ft Worth - obviously dallas metro
Morgantown - 31K

D

Deuce

Yes that's why I typed it. The point is that Lubbock is larger than most in the Big 12. That isn't to be confused with me trying to say that it is a sprawling metropolis. For some reason Lubbock has a reputation of being some tiny place, which it isn't.

Austin - 900k
Norman - 122k obviously part of OKC
Ames - 66k
Lubbock - 250k
Waco - 134k
Stillwater - 45k
Lawrence - 95k
Manhatten - 53k
Ft Worth - obviously dallas metro
Morgantown - 31K
God, no wonder the Big 12 needs to have a tv deal that pays $30M per school. Travel for all sports must be a pain in the ass to all those shit towns.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
God, no wonder the Big 12 needs to have a tv deal that pays $30M per school. Travel for all sports must be a pain in the ass to all those shit towns.
Actually no. About every college town is pretty close to a metro area maybe with the exception of Manhattan, Ks. or Ames, Is. Not sure about Morgantown.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually no. About every college town is pretty close to a metro area maybe with the exception of Manhattan, Ks. or Ames, Is. Not sure about Morgantown.
Ames is about 30 minutes from Des Moines Iowa. That area is actually pretty heavily populated.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom