2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I really don't understand this from Jimbo's perspective. It's not like he will be short on RBs and will need to secure the future. He will be able to recruit kids of his own that will be on campus 4-5 years.

D

Deuce

He couldn’t get higher than 4th or 5th on the depth chart all year, so I’m not really counting it as a loss.

Im surprised aTm wants him though.

midswat

... soon
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-where-we-stand-as-2018-national-signing-day-approaches/

Which new coach is making the biggest impact?

We'll see what it looks like when the dust settles on Feb. 7, but to date, it's clear that Tennessee's Jeremy Pruitt arrived best-equipped to make a splash, even with a national title game to prepare for simultaneously. Since his hiring, Tennessee has shot up to 16th in the recruiting ranking after bottoming out at 56th. He's signed junior college tight end Dominick Wood-Anderson over Alabama, in-state offensive lineman Jerome Carvin over Mississippi State, in-state running back Jeremy Banks over Nebraska, and landed a Army All-American Bowl commitment from J.J. Peterson, a long-time Alabama lean. The Vols remain in the mix for a host of talented players, including several from the West coast that are already scheduled for January official visits.

midswat

... soon
Who's the Nebraska fan that posts here? I don't remember.

Anyway they just signed a four star safety and Frost is putting together a decent recruiting class his first year there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I guess nobody had seen the kid play. The highest level of Texas high school football, in the toughest district and he does nothing but dominate while winning the state championship twice. I’ll take that walk-on anyway. By all accounts he’s not would you would imagine them to be being a Jones.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess nobody had seen the kid play. The highest level of Texas high school football, in the toughest district and he does nothing but dominate while winning the state championship twice. I’ll take that walk-on anyway. By all accounts he’s not would you would imagine them to be being a Jones.
He is pretty good. Good on his feet and while he isn’t a speed burner he has enough speed and moves to get out of trouble . Arm is adequate but wlll get better as the college conditioning program refines his overall strengths. His best asset is his recognition of what is happening on the field. His weakness is his size.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
About time.

I imagine this is going to have a drastic effect on college football from year to year. Basically an upper classman "free agency" period.

I like it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That makes sense. Many recruits commit to a coach or a school or a little bit of both and many get buried on a depth chart.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is pretty good. Good on his feet and while he isn’t a speed burner he has enough speed and moves to get out of trouble . Arm is adequate but wlll get better as the college conditioning program refines his overall strengths. His best asset is his recognition of what is happening on the field. His weakness is his size.
Yup.

While he is not nearly the player or athlete as Kyler Murray, he has some similar attributes and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom