2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Hurts sucks... this game is over.

Hope they don't put UA in the playoffs. Let Oklahoma get that 4th spot.

midswat

... soon
If UGA loses, they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. And I say that while acknowledging they're probably the second best team in the country.

But you can't be #4 and lose and get in. If you're #1 and lose to #4 in a close game I can see an argument.

But if you're #4 and you lose.... while Oklahoma beat a ranked Texas team by double digits... then you have to put Oklahoma in.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That fake punt on 4th and 11 near midfield in a tie game was stupidity of epic proportions. Kirby might have to change his name to Kirby Dumbass. :dunce

midswat

... soon
That fake punt on 4th and 11 near midfield in a tie game was stupidity of epic proportions. Kirby might have to change his name to Kirby Dumbass. :dunce
There was no reason to even think about doing that. Your entire team was playing so well... the entire game. Why risk that?????

That was as bad of a decision as I've seen in a long long time - and I've seen a lot of Garret coached games.

midswat

... soon
Someone who still has a DCU account, pass along my :lol to Dbair.

midswat

... soon
I really hope Northwestern can pull a rabbit out of their ass and beat osu. I hate me some urban meyer.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
There was no reason to even think about doing that. Your entire team was playing so well... the entire game. Why risk that?????

That was as bad of a decision as I've seen in a long long time - and I've seen a lot of Garret coached games.
I'm not a coach but I've watched a *lot* of football in my life and the idea of a fake punt never even crossed my mind. Smart basically gift wrapped that game to 'Bama.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I really hope Northwestern can pull a rabbit out of their ass and beat osu. I hate me some urban meyer.
I would like to see that too but that's probably a pipe dream. Meyer can EABOD but it'll be an uphill battle, even though tOSU looks pretty mortal this year.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Wasn't 2004 the year NW had those brothers playing RB? I can't think of the name but I think one of them does CFB commentary now or something.

midswat

... soon
Wasn't 2004 the year NW had those brothers playing RB? I can't think of the name but I think one of them does CFB commentary now or something.
Last NW I remember being worth a shat was Darnell Autry or something. But I don't follow a lot of NW football so I might've missed some guys.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Especially when you could see them lined up waiting for the fake, how you don't check out of the fake or call timeout is mindboggling

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If UGA loses, they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. And I say that while acknowledging they're probably the second best team in the country.

But you can't be #4 and lose and get in. If you're #1 and lose to #4 in a close game I can see an argument.

But if you're #4 and you lose.... while Oklahoma beat a ranked Texas team by double digits... then you have to put Oklahoma in.
Honestly with 3 undefeated teams I'm not sure it matters who the fourth team is. They don't have much of an argument this season. I actually don't care who the fourth team is. Shit just put UCF in there and let them get creamed.

midswat

... soon
The ACC and Big10 title games are pathetic. Don't have any interest in either game. Even if it was a good match up, it would be hard to top the Big12 and SEC games today. Those are far and away, top to bottom, the two best conferences in college football.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up. Where are you, 1Big and LT?
At the game. I will take care of everything just sit back and enjoy. I am completely surrounded by Longhorn Fans. The ticket allocation must be rigged.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Last NW I remember being worth a shat was Darnell Autry or something. But I don't follow a lot of NW football so I might've missed some guys.
Autry was probably he guy I was thinking of, for some reason I thought he had a brother there too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The ACC and Big10 title games are pathetic. Don't have any interest in either game. Even if it was a good match up, it would be hard to top the Big12 and SEC games today. Those are far and away, top to bottom, the two best conferences in college football.
I switched to Mountain West, it's snowing like crazy there

D

Deuce

Memphis running all over ucf.

Time for the sec championship. aka real football. :art
Wrong on both accounts again, I see.

We we dominated the 2nd half, won by 2 TDs and our game was vastly superior in entertainment to that slow, plodding SEC game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I'm not a coach but I've watched a *lot* of football in my life and the idea of a fake punt never even crossed my mind. Smart basically gift wrapped that game to 'Bama.

What makes it even dumber is Alabama was, clearly, ready for it based on their alignment. They should have aborted immediately and quick kicked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom