2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Will Grier is a guy some people suggest could be the #1 QB in the class. Also I think the kid at Oklahoma should be decent. Of course you're talking about the conference overall, and those are just two guys.

As far as the B12 getting outpaced... seems like the ACC is on the rise and could possibly overtake the SEC as the dominant conference before too long. Clemson is on the top. VT and Miami are on the come up, and jury is out on Taggart at FSU.
Grier should be good and I expect Murray from OU to emerge. Overall it just looks ugly on paper imo.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Its another thing that is Kliffs fault. So bad he chases recruits from other schools away.
Kliff is a highly regarded QB coach that can’t close. Recruiting had declined for 4 years straight. It is pretty tough when you are on the hot seat. The crazy thing is how the QB recruiting has been handled. We had Tisdale ready to pull the trigger and turned him down. We thought we have Zeno in the bag but he has cooled and looks to be interested in the Georgia offer. We just offered another good QB from Abilene, so hopefully that goes well.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Ok, 2 questions since I've only been in and out since the draft. !, did we have a UDFA thread this year and 2, If not, what good UDFAs did we get?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Top paid ADs:

1. Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame — $3.05 million
2. Jim Phillips, Northwestern — $1.57 million
3. Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin — $1.55 million
4. Kevin White, Duke — $1.451 million
5. Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech — $1.45 million
6. Chris Del Conte, Texas — $1.435 million
7. Gene Smith, Ohio State — $1.42 million
8. Greg Byrne, Alabama — $1.225 million
9. Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma — $1.149 million
10. Ron Wellman, Wake Forest — $1.106 million
11. Dan Guerrero, UCLA — $1.084 million
12. Scott Stricklin, Florida — $1.08 million
13. Hunter Yurachek, Arkansas — $1.05 million
14. Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee — $1.04 million
15. Whit Babcock, Virginia Tech — $1.03 million
16. Bubba Cunningham, North Carolina — $1.0004 million
17. Bill Moos, Nebraska — $1 million

D

Deuce

Top paid ADs:

1. Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame — $3.05 million
2. Jim Phillips, Northwestern — $1.57 million
3. Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin — $1.55 million
4. Kevin White, Duke — $1.451 million
5. Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech — $1.45 million
6. Chris Del Conte, Texas — $1.435 million
7. Gene Smith, Ohio State — $1.42 million
8. Greg Byrne, Alabama — $1.225 million
9. Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma — $1.149 million
10. Ron Wellman, Wake Forest — $1.106 million
11. Dan Guerrero, UCLA — $1.084 million
12. Scott Stricklin, Florida — $1.08 million
13. Hunter Yurachek, Arkansas — $1.05 million
14. Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee — $1.04 million
15. Whit Babcock, Virginia Tech — $1.03 million
16. Bubba Cunningham, North Carolina — $1.0004 million
17. Bill Moos, Nebraska — $1 million
Funny you posted this, Danny White just got a raise 2 days ago to bump him over Moos on a rolling 5 year deal.

Worth. Every. Penny.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Funny you posted this, Danny White just got a raise 2 days ago to bump him over Moos on a rolling 5 year deal.

Worth. Every. Penny.
That is very good to hear. Kirby is a very good AD. I'm sure I'll get push back on that statement but this guy has elevated so many things with the athlete department. He was in a tough spot last season with Kliff still being there for sure but the rest of his watch is absolutely exemplary.

The decision that was made to keep Kliff was based off of the extreme improvement of the defense, Kliff being of the highest character and things being ran the correct way. One thing that sets Kliff apart is his commitment to integrity and education. Sadly he hasn't found the juice to get the team over the top. I don't know if he ever will. He doesn't negative recruit, everyone else does. He has the personality of a dead fish and is very closed off to everyone around him which is another thing that hurts him. Another 6-6 season is the absolute worst case scenario. I am so hoping that he can pull of at least eight wins this season. Honestly, the defense should be top 3 in the Big 12, anyone that knows anything about this team knows what a miracle that is. Oddly, the offense is what is the biggest question mark. With bringing in Johns to help with running game we shall see. There a big time questions at QB and RB which doesn't help. The current staff is the best that Kliff has ever had...probably too little too late. Kliff is a really smart, dedicated guy but I don't know if he has that special juice to take the team where it needs to go. Recruiting has declined even more this season.

That is my take on what is happening and how it relates to Kirby.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You only have to ask me if you don't know if Kliff can do it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You only have to ask me if you don't know if Kliff can do it.
I have about 35% of my faith left in the situation. I just hate to see the way things turned out. The OJT required for him to get to where he is should have been expected. What I didn't expect is how much of a dead fish he would be.

D

Deuce

I have about 35% of my faith left in the situation. I just hate to see the way things turned out. The OJT required for him to get to where he is should have been expected. What I didn't expect is how much of a dead fish he would be.
The dead fish thing is overrated. Talking to Scott Frost is liking watching paint dry, but his public persona and how he is with the players is different and those guys would have ran through walls for him. Hopefully for Tech Kliff has a similar effect.

The recruiting, on the other hand, is concerning.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Alabama and Texas have agreed to a home and home in 2022 and 2023.

RIP, Longhorns.

D

Deuce

Alabama and Texas have agreed to a home and home in 2022 and 2023.

RIP, Longhorns.
Texas has to buy out the 2023 game against UCF to make it happen. It’s obvious who Texas views as an easier opponent.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Texas has to buy out the 2023 game against UCF to make it happen. It’s obvious who Texas views as an easier opponent.
Easy there, killer. :lol

As a matter of fact, I'd like to see Nebraska fill that void in 2023.

Huskers vs. UCF

Make it happen football Gods.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There's a decent chance Saban will be gone by 2022 so it might not be as daunting as it seems.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a decent chance Saban will be gone by 2022 so it might not be as daunting as it seems.
Alabama has become such a machine, I'd actually like to see some balance brought back by that happening. It's sad but that seems like the only way for that machine to slip up at all.

D

Deuce

Easy there, killer. :lol

As a matter of fact, I'd like to see Nebraska fill that void in 2023.

Huskers vs. UCF

Make it happen football Gods.
I’d take that in a heartbeat, but they won’t. It would be a bad look if in 5 years Frost can’t beat his old program.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Rev

Staff member
what about tennis teams and track & field/cross country teams as well?

Rev

Staff member
add golf teams as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom