2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm glad the national sports media is calling out the Big 12 and Texas for this BS 'Horns Downs' rule.

Texas needs to just go be an independent like Notre Dame.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm glad the national sports media is calling out the Big 12 and Texas for this BS 'Horns Downs' rule.

F the Longhorns.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah literally before Matt Wells took over, Utah State was annually hot garbage. At least while he was coach they posted a few double digit winning seasons. I think Texas Tech could do a lot worse. But I guess when you think names like Holgorsen are realistic a name like Matt Wells is going to be a disappointment. But that was never realistic.
Don't talk about things you know nothing about. Holgorsen was a lot more realistic of an option than you think.

Cotton

Staff member

What Horns Down rule? I must have missed that.

Rev

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
If the players do the horns down they are getting flagged for it.
WTF? What is the stupid ass reasoning for that?

1bigfan13

Staff member
What Horns Down rule? I must have missed that.
It's now a 15 yard penalty if you flash the Horns down hand sign. I think they came up with it midseason because the first time I heard of it was when Will Grier and WVU were hit with a 15 yard penalty a few weeks ago.

The Oklahoma players were flashing it all throughout the Red River Rivalry game and there wasn't a single flag thrown.

Apparently Texas has been whining about it being disrespectful.

So they can to walk around flashing horns up in everyone's face but if you counter with the upside down horns it's a 15 yard penalty. What a joke.

Rev

Staff member
It's now a 15 yard penalty if you flash the Horns down hand sign. I think they came up with it midseason because the first time I heard of it was when Will Grier and WVU were hit with a 15 yard penalty a few weeks ago.

The Oklahoma players were flashing it all throughout the Red River Rivalry game and there wasn't a single flag thrown.

So they can to walk around flashing horns up in everyone's face but if you counter with the upside down horns it's a 15 yard penalty. What a joke.
My brother is a Texas fan and I asked him about this nonsense. He said it was because of the WVU game but if you saw it happen during the game it must have been before that. I tried to youtube that game highlight and figured it was on the last plays. All I saw was wvu players doing it to the fans.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Texas got triggered, including their bitchass coach, so they made it a penalty.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yikes.... That's really lame.

That's my team and all, but they should be embarrassed by that.

D

Deuce

It must be a conference only rule because USF stole the Horns Up hand signal from UT, so UCF uses the Horns Down against them. We did it after every TD last weekend and no flags flew.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It must be a conference only rule because USF stole the Horns Up hand signal from UT, so UCF uses the Horns Down against them. We did it after every TD last weekend and no flags flew.
Yeah it's only a Big 12 rule, which makes it even lamer.

Rev

Staff member
Texas got triggered, including their bitchass coach, so they made it a penalty.
My brother is starting to get triggered. LOL. I few years ago it would be like blood in the water for me but I guess he gets a pass for now....

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can bet I will be giving the horns down at the game tomorrow. Hope I don’t jinx them. The Sooners that is.

D

Deuce

I won’t trash the Wells hire as he’s done some good things with USU, but he’s not on the same level as the initially reported candidates and it seems they lowered down to his level awfully quick.

Having said that, I’d take him all day over Mack Brown or a Ken Whisenhunt.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, fuck the Longhorns. Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom