2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So by your logic Tom Herman would have been better served to take the UCF job over the UT job because “have you watched football lately?”

D

Deuce

So by your logic Tom Herman would have been better served to take the UCF job over the UT job because “have you watched football lately?”
I don’t want to put words in C-Rocks mouth since he made the statement, but I would guess the answer is yes. :art

midswat

... soon
1 Tennessee is horrible with no coach. Worst SEC team. Vanderbilt beat them yesterday. Tennessee is FCS level now.
Tennessee has a good coach, but he's learning. Still, talk to any of his former players at Alabama, UGA, and FSU and they rave about him. He will get better.

Roster needs an overhaul. Butch Jones fired a respectable S&C coach after the 2015 season and replaced him with a guy who basically made the program optional. It shows on most game days... current roster is slow, small and weaker than most of the teams we play.

Nevertheless... to say we're FCS level is a joke. For as bad as our season was, we beat the #21 ranked and #11 ranked teams in the country. We had the second hardest strength of schedule of any team in college football.

Rebuilding in the SEC isn't easy, especially when you have to play UGA and Alabama every year plus have an OOC game against WVU.

Alas... I don't expect anyone to give Tennessee an ounce of credit. I'm very optimistic about this years recruiting cycle, and watching the team grow and develop over the next few years.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sorry, if you’re Tennessee you shouldn’t have a coach that needs OJT. You have a historic program, a huge fan base and tons of money. You got turned down many times from good coaches because of your disfunctional, broken program. Don’t give me this crap about poor ol Tennessee having to fight the big boys in the SEC.

midswat

... soon
Sorry, if you’re Tennessee you shouldn’t have a coach that needs OJT. You have a historic program, a huge fan base and tons of money. You got turned down many times from good coaches because of your disfunctional, broken program. Don’t give me this crap about poor ol Tennessee having to fight the big boys in the SEC.
Youre talking out of both sides of your mouth with your first three sentences.

Nevertheless, Tennessee did hire a good football coach, and it will be proven in short order.

I didn't give you crap about having to play the big boys of the SEC - I pointed to how the first year of a rebuild is especially harder when you're playing the 2nd hardest schedule in the country.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apples and Oranges. Texas Tech and WVU both play in the Big 12 last I checked. One is near the top and the other is a bottom feeder in the same conference.

If UCF was doing this in the Big 12 it probably would be a better job.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure
Please jesus let this happen.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Please jesus let this happen.
That is the billionaire donors that are pushing this. They also were the same guys that said they were pushing to keep Kliff as early as Friday. Both of these donors played for Leach and with Kliff.

Cotton

Staff member
That is the billionaire donors that are pushing this. They also were the same guys that said they were pushing to keep Kliff as early as Friday. Both of these donors played for Leach and with Kliff.
Who are the donors? I know for a fact that it isn't Fuller.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Keep in mind, Leach was the same guy that used interviews and floated potential interest in other jobs in order to get raises. He did is for a handful of years at Tech which is one of those the reasons that people tired of his antics.

In other words, don’t count on this.

You’ll get Leavitt and you’ll like it.

Cotton

Staff member
Keep in mind, Leach was the same guy that used interviews and floated potential interest in other jobs in order to get raises. He did is for a handful of years at Tech which is one of those the reasons that people tired of his antics.

In other words, don’t count on this.

You’ll get Leavitt and you’ll like it.
:lol

The only people that got "tired of his antics" were Hance and that's how Leach got flushed. It's that simple. Quit trying to make it out to be something else.

Cotton

Staff member
Sellers and Campbell.

Kirby did his radio show from Campbell’s office last week and pleaded for Kliff to stay.
You're reaching. Kirby does his show at random places all the time. Just because he had his show broadcast from Campbell's office doesn't translate to support.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

The only people that got "tired of his antics" were Hance and that's how Leach got flushed. It's that simple. Quit trying to make it out to be something else.
No, lots of people were tired of him jockeying for jobs each and every year. The dude was a total headache to try to manage. That is a fact.

Cotton

Staff member
No, lots of people were tired of him jockeying for jobs each and every year. The dude was a total headache to try to manage. That is a fact.
And yet, the vast majority of Tech fans loved him and the success he brought. Hance hated him and that is what caused his demise. That is a fact.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And yet, the vast majority of Tech fans loved him and the success he brought. Hance hated him and that is what caused his demise. That is a fact.
I just want this to happen because I know you will post shitloads of Leach interviews

Cotton

Staff member
I just want this to happen because I know you will post shitloads of Leach interviews
Dude, I do that now. It will be over the top if we bring him back.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Western Kentucky just fired their coach. Kliff should be on the phone with them immediately. They used to run that conference and will give him the best shot to getting a P5 job again in 3 years.
I honestly don't know what he would want to do. This dude was absolutely beat down. There is no way that he was loving what he was doing lately. He has made comments before that he doesn't even know if he'll be in coaching in 5 years. Matter of fact, he never wanted to be a coach growing up or after the NFL. Dana called him out of the blue and offered him a job and he sort of fell into it.

I'm sure he will coach but I'd be really curious about his next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom