2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So the city of Lubbock is going to be the draw?

lol okay.
I can't believe that I am even arguing that Tech is a good job. Shit, nobody even said that it is a great job.

I feel like an absolute retard going, "nuh-uh, Tech is an above average place to coach!"

Having said that, this is about football and being in a good position as a coach. The overall package is desirable in many ways. The pay, the conference, the AD is elite, top tier indoor practice facility was just built, Texas recruiting, strong fan base, heavy hitter billionaire donors are ready to make moves...there is a lot of good. If you are an up and comer or maybe a mid-tier guy it isn't a bad place to be at all. Again, nobody thinks that it is an elite place to be.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There’s lots of reasons to need a new coach. What if Kliff was so good, he left for UT? At least TT would still have recent records and talent to sell. Right now they have very little.
I get why you're coming from this position because of your football worldview. You have a supreme record and very little else to say about your program besides fake banners.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody said it was a better job. We are debating that WVU is not a tier above Tech.
What is the draw about Tech? Being the fourth best team in the State? I'm not trying to tout WVU as some type of a top teir program but they are a slightly better program. Reminds me to back in the day when I played NCAA Football on the playstation. Tech was like a 3 star prestige program while WVU was like 4 stars.

Neither is impressive but WVU has touched the top 10 in the rankings over the last few years. Rich Rod had them playing like a powerhouse even before that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There’s lots of reasons to need a new coach. What if Kliff was so good, he left for UT? At least TT would still have recent records and talent to sell. Right now they have very little.
Again, your world view. If you are outside of P5 teams then yes. Teams like yours lose coaches all the time because they truly are stepping stones. Almost always you see P5 teams change coaches because of performance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What is the draw about Tech? Being the fourth best team in the State? I'm not trying to tout WVU as some type of a top teir program but they are a slightly better program. Reminds me to back in the day when I played NCAA Football on the playstation. Tech was like a 3 star prestige program while WVU was like 4 stars.
Just the Texas recruiting alone is a big advantage. Skid listed some good stuff above, as well. Having an elite AD is a big boost, too.

D

Deuce

I get why you're coming from this position because of your football worldview. You have a supreme record and very little else to say about your program besides fake banners.
We’re 1 win away from our 3rd NY6 bowl in 6 years. But this isn’t about UCF. I was honestly trying to figure out why you think the job is desirable for someone to leave an equal or better job like Holgorsen would have to do. Your last post was somewhat enlightening, though I would guess WV can match most of it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I never was sold on the idea that Kingsbury was ready for a HC at a major football program. He was pretty light on experience and was somebody’s fan in the Athletic department. I am surprised he hung on this long.

D

Deuce

Just the Texas recruiting alone is a big advantage. Skid listed some good stuff above, as well. Having an elite AD is a big boost, too.
So 2 things about recruiting for Dana...

1. I assume he does recruit Texas already because he has some ties and he’s in the conference for it.

2. Even if he doesn’t, whereever he is recruiting from seems to be working.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that an advantage when Texas AM, Texas and TCU are all better programs and have the easier path to pluck that talent? And shit even Baylor probably has an easier time recruiting.

Cotton

Staff member
Is that an advantage when Texas AM, Texas and TCU are all better programs and have the easier path to pluck that talent? And shit even Baylor probably has an easier time recruiting.
:lol

You are off the deep end now. TCU and Baylor are not better recruiting programs.

D

Deuce

Western Kentucky just fired their coach. Kliff should be on the phone with them immediately. They used to run that conference and will give him the best shot to getting a P5 job again in 3 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

You are off the deep end now. TCU and Baylor are not better recruiting programs.
2018 Rivals recruiting rankings

Texas 4
Texas AM 16
TCU 28
Baylor 32
Houston 61
Texas Tech 73

:tippytoe

Tech fans most be smoking the good stuff.

D

Deuce

Texas 4
Texas AM 16
TCU 28
Baylor 32
Houston 61
Texas Tech 73

To be fair, recruiting rankings should be written in toilet paper.

FSU is always top 5 or 10, look at them now. UCF is never high, even by GS standards and we’ve dominated.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas 4
Texas AM 16
TCU 28
Baylor 32
Houston 61
Texas Tech 73

Recruiting rankings mean jack shit to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, recruiting rankings should be written in toilet paper.

FSU is always top 5 or 10, look at them now. UCF is never high, even by GS standards and we’ve dominated.
I'm an Iowa fan so I don't really buy that much into recruiting rankings but I still am a bit in disbelief that Tech fans think a coach would view Texas Tech as a better job opportunity than WVU. Must be something in the water down there making you all hallucinate or something.

Like I said if we went back to the oldschool rankings in video games I'd view WVU as a 4 star program. Tech would be 3 stars. Not that one job is hugely better than the other but I think most of the world would look at it similarly.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm an Iowa fan so I don't really buy that much into recruiting rankings but I still am a bit in disbelief that Tech fans think a coach would view Texas Tech as a better job opportunity than WVU. Must be something in the water down there making you all hallucinate or something.

Like I said if we went back to the oldschool rankings in video games I'd view WVU as a 4 star program. Tech would be 3 stars. Not that one job is hugely better than the other but I think most of the world would look at it similarly.
For like the 5th fucking time, no one has ever once said this. Stop making shit up to strawman an argument.

Cotton

Staff member
OK, so you agree that WVU is a better program. You just think he might jump ship for money?
They are about on the same level. So, no, I do not agree it is a better program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom