2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Is this list in response to someone or was it going somewhere? I’m lost.
These are the wins that WVU had...the best season in I don't know how long for them. So I don't see where Holgorsen is some coaching god. Have you checked out his record by chance?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
On the national level, I think that’s accurate. Nobody outside of Lubbock thinks the TT situation is anything special.
Neither is the WVU job. That's the point.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
On the national level, I think that’s accurate. Nobody outside of Lubbock thinks the TT situation is anything special.
We aren't talking about some fan in central Florida though. We are talking about people who coach football as a job.

D

Deuce

These are the wins that WVU had...the best season in I don't know how long for them. So I don't see where Holgorsen is some coaching god. Have you checked out his record by chance?
Ok, I didn’t see the correlation of the list. Didn’t realize it was their schedule.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is what it will look like around here when Garrett is fired.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Neither is the WVU job. That's the point.
That's actually exactly the point.

So if WVU is so much better of a place and Dana H is a top tier coach why does he have a mediocre record? Something isn't lining up here. It is either the destination or the coach, right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You view Texas Tech as being on a lower tier than WVU?
They have more history of recent success. I certainly don't think anyone views Texas Tech as a better job except maybe Texas Tech fans. Maybe if they back up a brinks truck.

D

Deuce

We aren't talking about some fan in central Florida though. We are talking about people who coach football as a job.
Correct, but what is it about that program that is going to make coaches persieve it as a good job?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech - decent place to coach football with some really nice perks

WVU - decent place to coach with some really nice perks

Holgorsen - decent coach with some nice perks.

That's all I think was said.

D

Deuce

From a national perspective, TT is on par with Baylor.

Some great success under a coach who isn’t there anymore and average to below average seasons since.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They have more history of recent success. I certainly don't think anyone views Texas Tech as a better job except maybe Texas Tech fans. Maybe if they back up a brinks truck.
What success are you talking about? The won the Big east and went 8-3 this season. I mean, they are a fun team to watch but WTF?

They are about equal jobs.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
From a national perspective, TT is on par with Baylor.

Some great success under a coach who isn’t there anymore and average to below average seasons since.
Yes, from an on the field product you are correct. That is not what we are talking about though.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe not, but they are a better program right now so that’s why leaving for a worse situation without it being an elite position seems strange.
This is where the disconnect lies. I do not for one minute believe Tech is a worse situation than WVU.

Cotton

Staff member
Nobody said it was a better job. We are debating that WVU is not a tier above Tech.

D

Deuce

This is where the disconnect lies. I do not for one minute believe Tech is a worse situation than WVU.
This is where your disconnect lies.

WV has been a top 10 program all year and is currently 15. Tech hasn’t sniffed that kind of success in years.

If you’re talking about away from the field, fine. But I would be resistant to living in lubbock just as much as moving to WV.

Cotton

Staff member
This is where your disconnect lies.

WV has been a top 10 program all year and is currently 15. Tech hasn’t sniffed that kind of success in years.

If you’re talking about away from the field, fine. But I would be resistant to living in lubbock just as much as moving to WV.
Recent record isn't the only thing that is factored into a good coaching situation. Matter of fact it has very little to do with it. Of course a team looking for a HC is going to have had bad records recently, otherwise why would they be looking for a coach?

D

Deuce

Recent record isn't the only thing that is factored into a good coaching situation. Matter of fact it has very little to do with it. Of course a team looking for a HC is going to have had bad records recently, otherwise why would they be looking for a coach?
There’s lots of reasons to need a new coach. What if Kliff was so good, he left for UT? At least TT would still have recent records and talent to sell. Right now they have very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom