X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    It's also extremely helpful to smaller schools and lower level P5 teams. Previously, they could get a commit from a guy who is solid, but have to continue to spend a lot of financial and time resources recruiting them to keep the high level teams from swooping in last minute to poach them.
    What's to prevent the big schools from swooping in last minute on the early signing day and poaching a player?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
      What's to prevent the big schools from swooping in last minute on the early signing day and poaching a player?
      Nothing but the smaller schools get time to recover and find another player on the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
        Nothing but the smaller schools get time to recover and find another player on the next round.
        Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Comment

Comment

I felt old when I saw Jeff George Jr. flinging it around the field at Illinois.

Comment

No, I'm not. My very first post on the subject suggested this very thing. No reason to have two signing events. If the concern that the signing day needs to be earlier, then change the date of the signing day. No need to have two of them.
              Are guys going to sign on the second event? Sort of disproves your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                Are guys going to sign on the second event? Sort of disproves your theory.
                I'm not sure if we will sign anyone today or not, but I have seen less than 5 tweets about signings today. Meaning almost everyone signed on the early signing day.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                  That, and also the bigger schools didn't seem so quick to jump on players like they have in the past. They know with the 2nd Signing Day, they can evaluate their backup plans more and make offers as they go along. A smaller school and tell recruits that they have a guaranteed spot if they sign in December, but they are risking on waiting. I think it will lead to better overall depth in the G5 and hit the lazy recruiters they just pinpoint the hidden gems by proven guys and try to latch on in early February.

Comment

Damn what a bitch
                    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                      Damn what a bitch
                      Probably afraid that she'll have to give that car back to Alabama now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                        Probably afraid that she'll have to give that car back to Alabama now.
                        And, she has a Tennessee toboggan.

Comment

And, she has a Tennessee toboggan.
                          And a bama sweater, in other words Gators offered her the least
                          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

And a bama sweater, in other words Gators offered her the least
                            Sure looks like it.

Comment

Damn what a bitch

Comment

I was kind of underwhelmed with Pruitts first recruiting class. We did better in the early signing period than we did on NSD. Seemed like we were really in on a number of very highly rated guys and and only landed one of them - the #3 OLB in the country.

But it's easy to negative recruit UT after the dumpster fire year and coaching search they had. Hope we have better success this coming season and during recruiting this year. We should because our staff is loaded with quality recruiters.

Comment

Working...
                                X