2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did you guys see the new kickoff rule that was approved yesterday?

The receiving team will now be able to fair catch anywhere inside the 25 yard line and be award the ball at the 25.
Well, that's stupid.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

The receiving team will now be able to fair catch anywhere inside the 25 yard line and be award the ball at the 25.
:picard

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Safety first!

midswat

... soon
Kickoff rule doesn’t really matter. Seriously doubt you’ll see returners catch the ball outside the end zone and not want to run with it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kickoff rule doesn’t really matter. Seriously doubt you’ll see returners catch the ball outside the end zone and not want to run with it.
The biggest impact will be those coffin-corner kickoffs. The ones where the kickers put extra arc on the ball, aiming to place it in the corner inside the 5. Those are typically pretty effective.

Now return teams will be able to just fair catch it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Watching the A&M spring game from earlier today and we actually use a te now!!!! :towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Recruiting season is in full swing. From now until mid summer is when classes start building steam with their QBs making decisions and so forth. Who is ready for this to get underway?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Recruiting season is in full swing. From now until mid summer is when classes start building steam with their QBs making decisions and so forth. Who is ready for this to get underway?

Can we have the mens basketball coach take over the football teams as well?

midswat

... soon
In other news... water is wet.

D

Deuce

In other news... water is wet.

I don’t give a shit what a con artist who was exposed by the team has to say. Especially when it’s factually incorrect based on NCAA standards.

Besides, I don’t see him eager to give back the bonus check he cashed for winning a National Title.

midswat

... soon
:lol I hadn’t thought about this silliness in months but noticed what your coach said and wanted to share.

Speaking of rent free occupation, sounds like you hold a lot of unwarranted resentment towards a guy who did what literally anyone in the world would do - get more money and at a better job.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

:lol I hadn’t thought about this silliness in months but noticed what your coach said and wanted to share.

Speaking of rent free occupation, sounds like you hold a lot of unwarranted resentment towards a guy who did she literally anyone in the world would do - get more money and at a better job.
I absolutely hold no resentment for taking more money and his “dream job”. It’s debatable if it’s a “better job”, but that’s a different conversation.

What I hold resentment for is all the shady shit he pulled to get the job, what he tried to do after getting it and basically poisoning the locker room during bowl season.

midswat

... soon
Yeah.... about that “rent free” thing. :art

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Big 12 has the crappiest group of QBs since the inception of the conference.

So said how the Big 12 is getting outpaced.

midswat

... soon
The Big 12 has the crappiest group of QBs since the inception of the conference.

Will Grier is a guy some people suggest could be the #1 QB in the class. Also I think the kid at Oklahoma should be decent. Of course you're talking about the conference overall, and those are just two guys.

As far as the B12 getting outpaced... seems like the ACC is on the rise and could possibly overtake the SEC as the dominant conference before too long. Clemson is on the top. VT and Miami are on the come up, and jury is out on Taggart at FSU.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Its another thing that is Kliffs fault. So bad he chases recruits from other schools away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom