2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I cannot get with this idea at all.
To be clear, I am not stumping for him, but if you made me choose between him and Venebles I'm choosing Gibbs all day long.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Gibbs has done some really good things for our defense. The number may not reflect it, but he has done some really good things.
I like Gibbs but damn, man...you take this opportunity for a culture change. There is at least 2 dozen good candidates out there and you come up with this uncreative crap?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
To be clear, I am not stumping for him, but if you made me choose between him and Venebles I'm choosing Gibbs all day long.
Gibbs doesn't even recruit. Ever.

Venables is a very energetic recruiter.

Cotton

Staff member
I think Venables would be a better fit at Kansas State.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Really? What do you have against Venebles?

Cotton

Staff member
Really? What do you have against Venebles?
Outside of the fact that he was a Sooner for 8 years, I just don't think he is HC material.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Outside of the fact that he was a Sooner for 8 years, I just don't think he is HC material.
Are you fing kidding me? Because he took a job with the Sooners? That is retarded.

Do you have other schools that coaches couldn't coach at that we need to mark off of the list?

Cotton

Staff member
Are you fing kidding me? Because he took a job with the Sooners? That is retarded.

Do you have other schools that coaches couldn't coach at that we need to mark off of the list?
I'm mostly kidding because I'm bored and I knew with your hero Kliff going away you would be up for a fight. I wouldn't be pissed if we hired Venables. I don't think he is HC material, but we could do worse, like keep Kliff.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I would expect a decision that would be an opposite of Kliff. That is how change works usually.

I'm thinking a tough ass coach with a ton of outward passion. Paying the coach would not be a problem at all.

Also, Holgorson is going to be interviewed. He is the closest you can get to Leach without it being Leach.

Cotton

Staff member
I would expect a decision that would be an opposite of Kliff. That is how change works usually.

I'm thinking a tough ass coach with a ton of outward passion. Paying the coach would not be a problem at all.

Also, Holgorson is going to be interviewed. He is the closest you can get to Leach without it being Leach.
I wish Leach would come back, but there is no way in hell he would. Even with us having a different administration and AD now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm mostly kidding because I'm bored and I knew with your hero Kliff going away you would be up for a fight. I wouldn't be pissed if we hired Venables. I don't think he is HC material, but we could do worse, like keep Kliff.
Kliff was not a good HC but he is an extremely good person, one of the most decorated players in our history and did things the right way as far as running a clean program. I am glad that Kliff was fired but sad it didn't work out. I realize that none of this matters to you because you see things very much different as far as personal qualities, school pride, taking care of student athletes and so forth. Good for you on being a tough guy though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wish Leach would come back, but there is no way in hell he would. Even with us having a different administration and AD now.
That's a stupid ass fantasy that retards still have 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom