2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im so happy I think I could cry. At least one of my teams can move forward.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It’s probably true but this is not a credible source.

Kirby is a classy, tight lipped dude and Kliff isn’t even in the bus yet.

Still, he gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So this is what it would be like to can Garrett.

How does it feel?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
IMO you can't run the offenses these teams do and still have a good defense. It is simply counter intuitive to what your team is set up to do. Show me an Air Raid-ish team with a dominant defense...
It's not about the offense that Oklahoma runs. Oklahoma's defense would still be horrible if they ran a pro style scheme.

This team routinely gives up first downs in 3rd and 15+ situations. Opposing WRs are usually running wide open without a defender within 5 yards of them. And the few times a defender is actually running stride for stride with a WR that rarely look for the ball. They're just out there running blind and wild without a clue in the world.

I don't expect them to be dominant, but with their talent they should at least be middle of the pack.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Boooooooooo!!!!!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not about the offense that Oklahoma runs. Oklahoma's defense would still be horrible if they ran a pro style scheme.

This team routinely gives up first downs in 3rd and 15+ situations. Opposing WRs are usually running wide open without a defender within 5 yards of them. And the few times a defender is actually running stride for stride with a WR that rarely look for the ball. They're just out there running blind and wild without a clue in the world.

I don't expect them to be dominant, but with their talent they should at least be middle of the pack.
The Oklahoma secondary is terrible. They are short and slow. Even if they were mentally sharp about their positions the can’t pgysically cover the receivers in today’s game. Receivers are tall and strong for the most part. The only shot the Oklahoma defense has is to keep pressure on the opponents QB so they can’t get set and the Linbackerf play a shallow system to be able to react to the run or pass. Safeties and corners will have to gamble on blitzes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol :towel

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was watching ND/USC and fell out almost as soon as it was over thanks to a draining close game and probably a gallon+ of beer.

Checking sports headlines this AM when I saw the A&M/LSU result, talk about a hangover cure. Wha? Huh? WTF? That must have been insane to watch.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Well, good luck with that. Lemme know when you have a good defense AND a team that runs that air raid. You never will. I will continue with the smug look that only guy with this type of experience should be able to have.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So this is what it would be like to can Garrett.

How does it feel?
I will believe it when I hear it come from Hocutt's mouth. Until then I refuse to get my hopes up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The score was 43-41...... IN OVERTIME. Holy shit!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, and tied the FBS record for most overtimes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom