2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He wanted a Hiesman run and a degree. Might have accomplished both.

Yeah I've read he will play baseball. It is sort of odd that he wanted to play a year of football anyway. Sort of makes me wonder if football isn't his true love.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wanted a Hiesman run and a degree. Might have accomplished both.
Yeah he is an excellent player. A lot of fun to watch. I bet his MLB team is shitting themselves every time he goes out and risks injury. It's unfortunate we will never see if he has the ability to make it in today's NFL. He is small but all these new up tempo, spread NFL offenses might actually open the door for a shorter guy like that.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Murray's already guaranteed millions playing baseball. Dallas would simply be wasting a pick if they drafted him. On the other hand, I guess using a 7th round pick on him wouldn't be too bad if you just wanted to secure his rights in the event he washed out as an MLB player.
Like Drew Henson!! :unsure

midswat

... soon
My homer ass thought the Vols could be an 8-9 win team this year. Totally underestimated the rebuild.

Turns out I’ve learned nothing from homering out for Dallas for years on end. (Thought campo/Quincy would lead us to a super bowl because the patriots won the SB after being 5-11 the year before :dunce)

Today they have a chance to get six wins and be bowl eligible. Hope they can pull it off. I don’t feel confident though because this team is so hot/cold. Dominate 11th ranked Kentucky one week. Get housed by Mizzou the next.

Bipolar team. Being undersized and lacking team speed doesn’t help either.

Nevertheless.... GBO.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Very likely.

I'd love to win that because we'd get a NY6 game which I never would've thought was possible before the season started.

11 wins, a Big 12 Championship, and a NY6 Bowl win would be amazing. I'd be over the moon.

Still, while I would be a little disappointed if they lost that game, I would still very much be happy overall with how this season turned out as 9 wins and a shot at the Big 12 title is more than I could have expected. All I was hoping for coming into the season was a real sign of progress and a reason to believe that the arrow was finally pointing up for us.

I think that Texas has clearly accomplished both those things regardless of what happens in that game versus Oklahoma, and I can't wait to see what next season has in store.
I'm just ready to get the season over with so we can get on with properly overhauling the defense. Oklahoma's defense is literally the worst defense I've ever seen at the D1 level. I'm sure there have been others who were statistically worse, but the incompetence, lack of fundamentals, and lack of fight that this year's defense has displayed is flat out shameful.

If this were the pros at least half the defense would be cut or traded at season's end.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, I go take a dump and OSU's lead has almost evaporated.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm hoping that the firing of Kliff is announced at 2:35pm today.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm just ready to get the season over with so we can get on with properly overhauling the defense. Oklahoma's defense is literally the worst defense I've ever seen at the D1 level. I'm sure there have been others who were statistically worse, but the incompetence, lack of fundamentals, and lack of fight that this year's defense has displayed is flat out shameful.

If this were the pros at least half the defense would be cut or traded at season's end.
IMO you can't run the offenses these teams do and still have a good defense. It is simply counter intuitive to what your team is set up to do. Show me an Air Raid-ish team with a dominant defense...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Supposedly, the initial report is that it’s a dislocated knee cap and no determination has been made if there was a fracture or ligament damage. I find no ligament damage hard to believe, but I’ll hold out hope.
It is impossible to have a dislocated kneecap and not have ligament damage.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

D

Deuce

I blame Plan9 for this performance. The football Gods will not take the constant shit talk of UCF lightly and Michigan is paying for his mistakes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
JFC, I thought Michigan was overrated but I didn't expect tOSU to drop 62 points on them.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Those last 3 cans might need to be washed off before drinking

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I blame Plan9 for this performance. The football Gods will not take the constant shit talk of UCF lightly and Michigan is paying for his mistakes.
Whatever. For whatever reason, OSU is in our heads and we shit the bed when we play them. Either way, we’d still wipe our ass with UCF.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom