Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 College Football Chatter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    Sorry boss, but if the Bob Diaco rumors are true than nobody is scared and you will cry yourself to sleep dreaming of the days of Mike Stoops.


    No Diaco for you.

    Ruffin McNeill will be the interim DC for the remainder of the season. They'll look for a permanent hire after the season.

    Scares you doesn't it? We'll have a competent defense........soon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skidadl View Post
      Having a stout defense in the Big 12 is harder than it looks. TCU is the gold standard.
      I'm not expecting a stout defense. Sooners fans just want a defense that's not complete joke.

      The defensive performances over the last 5 years is completely unacceptable when you consider the caliber players that the program brings in. High 3-star through 5-star players up and down the defensive roster yet they look like garbage most weeks.

      I watch teams that have far less talent like Iowa State play with more consistency on defense from week to week. So I don't think it's simply a Big 12 thing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post


        No Diaco for you.

        Ruffin McNeill will be the interim DC for the remainder of the season. They'll look for a permanent hire after the season.

        Scares you doesn't it? We'll have a competent defense........soon.
        Doesn’t scare me. The only Big 12 team left on our schedule will either be Texas or WV...depending which makes the CFP.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
          OH SNAP!

          It's looking like Mike Stoops has been fired.

          Thank you Texas. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

          You're most welcome.

          2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

          Comment


          • Originally posted by skidadl View Post
            Having a stout defense in the Big 12 is harder than it looks. TCU is the gold standard.
            The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

            Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.
            2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

            Comment


            • And yes, OU will have the best offense in the conference for as long as Murray is there.

              What a special talent he is and they've got explosive players everywhere.

              They get a decent defense in there and they'll be the class of the conference.

              Seeing Texas' resurgence is nice. No....it's amazing.

              But we still don't have anything special at the skill positions and what we're doing is more a product of the coaching. I was not sold on Herman before, but I must say he is proving me wrong so far.

              Lots of season still to be played so anything can happen, but right now I have to give the guy his props.

              My point is, if OU gets their defense straightened out, they should be a CFP favorite next season and even this season isn't completely out of the question.
              2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                And yes, OU will have the best offense in the conference for as long as Murray is there.

                What a special talent he is and they've got explosive players everywhere.

                They get a decent defense in there and they'll be the class of the conference.

                Seeing Texas' resurgence is nice. No....it's amazing.

                But we still don't have anything special at the skill positions and what we're doing is more a product of the coaching. I was not sold on Herman before, but I must say he is proving me wrong so far.

                Lots of season still to be played so anything can happen, but right now I have to give the guy his props.

                My point is, if OU gets their defense straightened out, they should be a CFP favorite next season and even this season isn't completely out of the question.
                Have fun getting beat by Baylor.
                #Fire Garrett

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                  The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

                  Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.
                  UT had had a good defense for the last few years for sure.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rev View Post
                    Have fun getting beat by Baylor.
                    Maybe.

                    We're making strides but we have by no means arrived yet.

                    Texas should not be taking anyone for granted.
                    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                      Maybe.

                      We're making strides but we have by no means arrived yet.

                      Texas should not be taking anyone for granted.
                      I actually think that Texas is going to be really good soon. That is too bad because y'all's HC is a giant douche.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                        I actually think that Texas is going to be really good soon. That is too bad because y'all's HC is a giant douche.
                        The arrow is certainly pointing up, but I'm still not ready to annoint neither Herman nor Ehlinger.

                        They have both done very well during this win streak, but I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

                        But I hope you're right. This has been a very long and frustrating 8 years.
                        2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                        Comment


                        • I've been surprised by Notre Dame so far this year, I keep waiting for them to fall on their face. They're one of something like six 6-0 teams and there's no way I saw that coming before the season.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
                            The Longhorns defense has actually been classically decent the last 2 seasons.

                            Funny how Herman the offensive guy got better performances out of them than Strong, the defensive guy, did.
                            I think it's because he's toughened up the entire team. Unlike a lot of coaches these days, he's not afraid to have players hit and be physical in practice.
                            2014=2009, 2015=2010?

                            The Garrett Song

                            Comment


                            • TT 10-7 over TCU at the end of the third.

                              Comment


                              • Welp. We won.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X