2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Says the man who desperately wants his team to join the "trash" conference. :lol
Correct. Someone needs to inject some life into it and make it competitive again. :art

Having said that, my comment had nothing to do with that situation. Just pointing out that the Big 12 regularly underachieves during the season. I think the Big 10 does as well, but the difference is tOSU still gets the job done sometimes to make the conference look better than it is. Oklahoma and Texas haven’t done that in a while.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Correct. Someone needs to inject some life into it and make it competitive again. :art

Having said that, my comment had nothing to do with that situation. Just pointing out that the Big 12 regularly underachieves during the season. I think the Big 10 does as well, but the difference is tOSU still gets the job done sometimes to make the conference look better than it is. Oklahoma and Texas haven’t done that in a while.
Oklahoma's fortunes look like they are finally changing. They may not get over the hump this year, but going forward I think they'll be in a much better position to matchup against teams like Bama and Clemson.

D

Deuce

Oklahoma's fortunes look like they are finally changing. They may not get over the hump this year, but going forward I think they'll be in a much better position to matchup against teams like Bama and Clemson.
Maybe, but they still underachieved this year. Texas has been much better this year, but that’s a bad loss for OU. They have the Heisman front runner and should have waltzed through the conference and into the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Maybe, but they still underachieved this year. Texas has been much better this year, but that’s a bad loss for OU. They have the Heisman front runner and should have waltzed through the conference and into the playoffs.
That problem was fixed a few weeks ago. They stubbornly allowed possibly the worst DC in college football to hang around another year, and to no surprise he yet again torpedoed their championship hopes.

He's gone now so I fully expect OU to at least play in a national title game within the next few years.

Also, pretty much every team has a slip up most years. For instance, Syracuse beat Clemson last year and Alabama's lost to Ole Miss a couple of times in the past few years. It's hard to waltz through any power 5 conference unscathed. We don't have the luxury of stacking up 20 straight wins against Memphis and SMU. :art

D

Deuce

That problem was fixed a few weeks ago. They stubbornly allowed possibly the worst DC in college football to hang around another year, and to no surprise he yet again torpedoed their championship hopes.

He's gone now so I fully expect OU to at least play in a national title game within the next few years.

Also, pretty much every team has a slip up most years. For instance, Syracuse beat Clemson last year and Alabama's lost to Ole Miss a couple of times in the past few years. It's hard to waltz through any power 5 conference unscathed. We don't have the luxury of stacking up 20 straight wins against Memphis and SMU. :art
The AAC has more teams that frequent the top 25 than the Big 12 does. Last year we had 4 top 25 wins and all were within conference rather than those precious P5 wins. Just sayin’, our conference brand of football is better than your average G5.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The AAC has more teams that frequent the top 25 than the Big 12 does. Last year we had 4 top 25 wins and all were within conference rather than those precious P5 wins. Just sayin’, our conference brand of football is better than your average G5.
:picard

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
After taking the rest of the B12 Schedule and mixing it in my Kool-Aid pitcher here's how it poured out:

B12 Standings After Week 9
UT (4-1)
OU (4-1)
WVU (4-1)
ISU (3-2)
TTU (3-2)
OSU (2-3)
BU (2-3)
KU (1-4)
KSU (1-4)
TCU (1-4)
------------------------------------------------------------------
B12 Week 10 Games
UT over WVU
TTU over OU
ISU over KU
OSU over BU
KSU over TCU

B12 Standings After Week 10
UT (5-1)
OU (4-2)
WVU (4-2)
ISU (4-2)
TTU (4-2)
OSU (3-3)
BU (2-4)
KSU (2-4)
KU (1-5)
TCU (1-5)
B12 Week 11 Games
TTU over UT
OU over OSU
WVU over TCU
ISU over BU
KSU over KU

B12 Standings After Week 11
UT (5-2)
OU (5-2)
WVU (5-2)
ISU (5-2)
TTU (5-2)
OSU (3-4)
KSU (3-4)
BU (2-5)
KU (1-6)
TCU (1-6)
B12 Week 12 Games
UT over ISU
OU over KU
WVU over OSU
TTU over KSU
TCU over BU

B12 Standings After Week 12
UT (6-2)
OU (6-2)
WVU (6-2)
TTU (6-2)
ISU (5-3)
OSU (3-5)
KSU (3-5)
BU (2-6)
TCU (2-6)
KU (1-7)
B12 Week 13 Games
UT over KU
OU over WVU
ISU over KSU
TTU over BU
OSU over TCU

B12 Final Standings
TTU (7-2)
UT (7-2)
OU (7-2)
WVU (6-3)
ISU (6-3)
OSU (4-5)
KSU (3-6)
BU (2-7)
TCU (2-7)
KU (1-8)
B12 Championship Game
TTU vs UT

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Somebody needs to check in on the well being of Skid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fucking OU game is set for 7pm. Sucks ass.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Somebody needs to check in on the well being of Skid.
I figured y'all would get a kick out of that. It is actually a quote from someone...I wish I had the heart believe that much...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If I didn't have to work the game I would be fine with it.
Thought you didn't work them anymore?

I will just text you stuff like : Did you see that? Oh man that was amazing... What did you think about that? I can't believe that just happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom