2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It makes sense. While I like strict transfer rules, I can understand this for players. Coaches are free to come and go without penalty...

midswat

... soon

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I kind of hope he does awesome. Not sure why.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
National signing day has lost its shine due to the early signing period.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Flipped from bama :towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
National signing day has lost its shine due to the early signing period.
What is the point in having them both? Just have a damn signing day. If you want to move it up, then move it up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What is the point in having them both? Just have a damn signing day. If you want to move it up, then move it up.
They are following the basketball model I suppose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something about helping kids who get their scholies pulled last second or that are waiting for an offer but don't have it because the teams are waiting to see how other guys shake out.

Cotton

Staff member
Something about helping kids who get their scholies pulled last second or that are waiting for an offer but don't have it because the teams are waiting to see how other guys shake out.
Then, like I said, just move the signing day up a few weeks if that's the concern.

D

Deuce

It's also extremely helpful to smaller schools and lower level P5 teams. Previously, they could get a commit from a guy who is solid, but have to continue to spend a lot of financial and time resources recruiting them to keep the high level teams from swooping in last minute to poach them.

Cotton

Staff member
Eh, now your just mincing words.
No, I'm not. My very first post on the subject suggested this very thing. No reason to have two signing events. If the concern that the signing day needs to be earlier, then change the date of the signing day. No need to have two of them.

Cotton

Staff member
It's also extremely helpful to smaller schools and lower level P5 teams. Previously, they could get a commit from a guy who is solid, but have to continue to spend a lot of financial and time resources recruiting them to keep the high level teams from swooping in last minute to poach them.
What's to prevent the big schools from swooping in last minute on the early signing day and poaching a player?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What's to prevent the big schools from swooping in last minute on the early signing day and poaching a player?
Nothing but the smaller schools get time to recover and find another player on the next round.

Cotton

Staff member
Nothing but the smaller schools get time to recover and find another player on the next round.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I felt old when I saw Jeff George Jr. flinging it around the field at Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom