2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Props going to where they deserve. Kliff had this team ready and for at least this week he looks like he belongs as a HC. Perfectly designed offensive game plan and the defense was playing well. Hard to remember a better game given the opponent, the venue, and the doubts going in.

Kudos to Kliff and we all know how hard that is for me to admit.
I honestly did not have any hope to win this game going in. Not at all.

Last night was pure joy for me. It was like all of Kliff's sins were washed away for those few hours.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

At least he is thinking about his caloric intake with the Ultra.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is further evidence as to why Lubbock is trash.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I see absolutely nothing negative about this video.

Rev

Staff member

Ouch

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tonight's Stanford/ND game really intrigues me. I like that 6'7" Stanford TE. I caught the second half of last week's Stanford/Oregon game and he really stood out.

Notre Dame's secondary is going to have their hands full. From what I saw just about every WR and TE on Stanford's roster was at least 6'2". So I expect a lot of 50/50 balls tonight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Noah Fant, I'm all in on that guy. He is a touchdown machine and a freak athlete for a TE. He is already up to 4 TDs this season. Plus he supposedly has a 42 inch verticle which is insane for a man that size.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Noah Fant, I'm all in on that guy. He is a touchdown machine and a freak athlete for a TE. He is already up to 4 TDs this season. Plus he supposedly has a 42 inch verticle which is insane for a man that size.
Fant will likely be a 1st round pick though from what I've seen. Assuming the Cowboys season goes as expected, they'd have to trade down to justify grabbing him in the first.

Who knows....maybe we get lucky and he slides to the 2nd round allowing the Cowboys to grab him with a pick near the top of round 2. Wishful thinking, I know. Knowing this dysfunctional franchise, they'll pass on a TE again in order to give the Rico Gathers experiment one more shot.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So who is about to watch Alan Bowman the Throwman dominates WVU?

Tech - 92
WVU - 2

Rev

Staff member
Fant will likely be a 1st round pick though from what I've seen. Assuming the Cowboys season goes as expected, they'd have to trade down to justify grabbing him in the first.

Who knows....maybe we get lucky and he slides to the 2nd round allowing the Cowboys to grab him with a pick near the top of round 2. Wishful thinking, I know. Knowing this dysfunctional franchise, they'll pass on a TE again in order to give the Rico Gathers experiment one more shot.
We will just have to see what Lincoln wants.

Cotton

Staff member
So who is about to watch Alan Bowman the Throwman dominates WVU?

Tech - 92
WVU - 2
Nervous shits already. We will see if last week was legit or just a fluke. I don't think Dez Smith is playing, so that hurts. But at least Jah'Shawn Johnson is playing, so that's good at least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Trading down is always risky but a first round TE is pretty risky too. Eric Ebron looked like a stud in college. I am quite wary of targeting a TE like that. I would much prefer going to get a real QB.

Rev

Staff member
Nervous shits already. We will see if last week was legit or just a fluke. I don't think Dez Smith is playing, so that hurts. But at least Jah'Shawn Johnson is playing, so that's good at least.
It was a fluke but I will enjoy what I get. At least be competitive is all I ask.

Cotton

Staff member
It was a fluke but I will enjoy what I get. At least be competitive is all I ask.
I don't know. It wasn't like we snuck by OSU. We beat their ass into the ground. I guess we will see.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
I don't know. It wasn't like we snuck by OSU. We beat their ass into the ground. I guess we will see.
Yes but I dont think Kliff can get the team ready or make the adjustments needed two weeks in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom