2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yea, like when we were ranked going into last season and I couldn't understand why.

We've been awful for the better part of 7 years now. We have no business being ranked headed into any season until we can actually win 8 or 9 games and have some marquee wins in there as well.
A lot of the credit the longhorns get from the pundits comes from the recruiting program. That pushes them up the ladder quite a bit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Colley Matrix finished the season with UCF #1 and Bama #2. This is one of the former BCS polls that is recognized and legitimized by the NCAA. So basically the National Championship claim is legit.

In short...FACE!
I will grant you that your claim may have merit but it isnt legit in any form or fashion. To my knowledge there is only one legitimate venue for the Championship to be determined. The team did not participate in it so they have no legitimate claim. I might agree that they deserve a chance to have participated but that obviously will not happen.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You will have to hand it to the kid. His career has been pretty good for a walk on player.
You don’t believe the drama that he likes to put out about the walk-on stuff do you? He tells the story that OU had no clue that he was on campus and he had no contact with OU before he just suddenly showed up. That story is BS. Daddy has OU connections on the coaching staff.

He also had D1 offers that he turned down but chose to walkon at Tech. He loves the attention and making it seems like he is such an special, unfortunate individual.

D

Deuce

I will grant you that your claim may have merit but it isnt legit in any form or fashion. To my knowledge there is only one legitimate venue for the Championship to be determined. The team did not participate in it so they have no legitimate claim. I might agree that they deserve a chance to have participated but that obviously will not happen.
And you would be wrong. The only poll that is contractually obligated to follow the results of the sham invitational tournament is the Coache’s Poll.

The AP and all other polls are free to crown whom they want.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don’t believe the drama that he likes to put out about the walk-on stuff do you? He tells the story that OU had no clue that he was on campus and he had no contact with OU before he just suddenly showed up. That story is BS. Daddy has OU connections on the coaching staff.

He also had D1 offers that he turned down but chose to walkon at Tech. He loves the attention and making it seems like he is such an special, unfortunate individual.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech made a really good hire in Clay Jennings today. He has a great background coaching really good DBs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Don’t pull the trigger to quickly on Mayfields departure. The Murray kid is a top notch replacement. I saw him all his high school years and he has had some college exposure before coming to OU. He is faster than Mayfield and his arm is as strong. Whether his accuracy and position knowledge is up to par remains to be seen but he is an exceptional athlete.
Assuming he's the lead candidate to win the starting QB job, my guess is Oklahoma will be running a ton of read option next season. His passing ability is what has me concerned. I get Trevor Knight flashbacks when I think of Murray starting for OU.

Hopefully he surprises me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

We OU fans are very happy to have the benefit of his talent. He has added a lot to the program. Thank you for this windfall.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Assuming he's the lead candidate to win the starting QB job, my guess is Oklahoma will be running a ton of read option next season. His passing ability is what has me concerned. I get Trevor Knight flashbacks when I think of Murray starting for OU.

Hopefully he surprises me.
His passing is legit. He is one of the best HS QBs to have played in Texas. I don’t think that ALLEN lost a game while he was the QB and they won the state championship each year. Right now the point of concern would be whether his lack of college playing time will be a problem. One other concern is whether he can keep his grades up to par.

midswat

... soon
2018 might be another rough year for Tennessee. Not 4-8 bad, but we might win only 6-7 games.

Already lost three of our top players (underclassmen declaring), but now quarterback Quentin Dormandy announced he's transferring. He basically sucks and lost his starting job to a RS freshman last year, but it leaves our QB depth very very thin. Only have a RS sophomore, a sophomore who was recruited more for Butch's scheme than Heltons pro style, not a real match. And our incoming commit has a lot of potential but only played one year in HS.

Should put us in line for a premier 5 star recruit for the 2019 class, but gonna be rough in the interim.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, the QB for Mike Leach committed suicide last night. Always sucks when you hear of young people choosing this route. Depression is real, people.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Kirby Hocutt is out as the chair of the playoff committee. Apparently he didn't want to appear biased as we make a run at the championship this year.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, the QB for Mike Leach committed suicide last night. Always sucks when you hear of young people choosing this route. Depression is real, people.
Dang, I hate to read something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom