2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last night I thought ND's defensive performance was more the result of poor offense on Michigan's part.

I'm expecting something similar from both LSU and Miami's defenses. I don't think either of their offenses are anything special, and they certainly don't have QBs who can consistently make plays with their arms.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yep, I had a feeling our offense could be bad this year. Between the QBs and the WRs it's not looking good. Kingsbury would be smart to lean very heavily on the run. But, he proved yesterday he has no plans to do so.
39 rushes @ 164 yards while being down most of the game? I think that is perfectly fine.

I think you can expect about the same production as we had with the year that we started all of the young QBs, which is still fine. The WRs will be ok. You're making a mountain out if a molehill here which is what Tech fans are good at.

The concern should be about stalled drives, lack of explosive plays and a team that has a personality that pretty much mirrors Kliff's.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
39 rushes @ 164 yards while being down most of the game? I think that is perfectly fine.

I think you can expect about the same production as we had with the year that we started all of the young QBs, which is still fine. The WRs will be ok. You're making a mountain out if a molehill here which is what Tech fans are good at.

The concern should be about stalled drives, lack of explosive plays and a team that has a personality that pretty much mirrors Kliff's.
What I would expect out of a homer.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This overturned fumble is a perfect example of what I was griping about yesterday. Here we are wasting time reviewing a play that was clear as day an incomplete pass. The refs should have saw that in real time.

Unnecessary waste of time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
How in the hell do you burn through all three of your timeouts in the 1st quarter? :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What I would expect out of a homer.
Homer what? Has Tech’s offense not produced for many years now? You’re just bitching about the wrong things which makes you seem like your emotionally fragile. I mean, I can understand why and all...

What you should be pissed about is that Fehoko and Giles are both featured starters for LSU on national TV right now. You know, two players that Tech lost to transfer because we suck at developing players.

midswat

... soon
WTF has happened to Tennessee?

Fuck you and your fans.

You fucking suck letting hillbillies fuck you in the ass like that.
Rebuilding year. First year head coach, OC is a first time playcaller, starting QB is only a sohmore, lost our starting RB in the first quarter (back up ran for over 100 but left a lot of yards on the field).

Worst of all, our defense is so depleted we started 3 true freshman in the secondary. One corner (Alontae Taylor) was his high school teams QB last year and has never played cornerback prior to spring practice. He’ll eventually be a very good one. Dare I say Jalen Ramsey good. It’ll take time though.

When I was a Cowboys fan, I was the “we can win the super bowl this year” type fan. Almost always a homer - save the last few years of my fandom. Same with UT now. Not to suggest I thought we’d be contending for a BCS bid. Rather I thought we could pull off 9 wins.

Yesterday was an obvious reality check. Give me 6 wins and a bowl appearance and Coach Pruitt deserves coach of the year consideration.

UT will be back on top though. Soon.

Cotton

Staff member
Homer what? Has Tech’s offense not produced for many years now? You’re just bitching about the wrong things which makes you seem like your emotionally fragile. I mean, I can understand why and all...

What you should be pissed about is that Fehoko and Giles are both featured starters for LSU on national TV right now. You know, two players that Tech lost to transfer because we suck at developing players.
First off... *you're

Second, who gives a shit what we have done "for many years"? What should I be bitching about? The offense is looking to be very inept, unless we get really lucky and the true freshman can develop quickly, which would be a miracle. We have one good WR in Vasher, and two very good RBs. The rest of it looks very meh. I would be excited if I thought Kliff would relly on the run, but we damn sure know that isn't happening, which was the purpose of my original post.

You said:
Uhh, exactly. So, how am I bitching about the wrong things again? Homer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
See what Kliff does to people. He's a cancer that can only be fixed as the next UT coach.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
First off... *you're

Second, who gives a shit what we have done "for many years"? What should I be bitching about? The offense is looking to be very inept, unless we get really lucky and the true freshman can develop quickly, which would be a miracle. We have one good WR in Vasher, and two very good RBs. The rest of it looks very meh. I would be excited if I thought Kliff would relly on the run, but we damn sure know that isn't happening, which was the purpose of my original post.

Uhh, exactly. So, how am I bitching about the wrong things again? Homer.
Okaaaay

Rolled up 500 yards of offense, rushed for 165 on 39 carries (pretty decent) against an SEC opponent after our supposed starter went down and with a true freshman QB. We will be about as good as we have been under Kingsbury on offense. Not a ton of difference there to be expected. Like I said, about the same as the year that we had young QBs before. I don’t know if you noticed but our team sucked when we had one of the most talented QBs that the Big 12 has ever seen. So yeah, the offense will produce about what it always had.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I hope Kliff gets fired soon. He’s a dead fish of a personality and his team mirrors that. But he’ll figure out how to get the offense to produce. We won’t see what is needed though. What we need to see is a team that overcomes adversity. We just don’t have the intangibles. Intagibles could really make a huge difference here.

Cotton

Staff member
Okaaaay

Rolled up 500 yards of offense, rushed for 165 on 39 carries (pretty decent) against an SEC opponent after our supposed starter went down and with a true freshman QB. We will be about as good as we have been under Kingsbury on offense. Not a ton of difference there to be expected. Like I said, about the same as the year that we had young QBs before. I don’t know if you noticed but our team sucked when we had one of the most talented QBs that the Big 12 has ever seen. So yeah, the offense will produce about what it always had.
Are you trying to get me to lobby against Kliff? If so, you are wasting your time as I have been on that boat for 3 years. 500 yards of offense is supposed to impress me against a bad Ole Miss defense? Come on, Skid. You're better than that.

Regardless, the point of the debate is the running game being relied upon, and it is obvious this fool won't do that. He needs to go.

Cotton

Staff member
I hope Kliff gets fired soon. He’s a dead fish of a personality and his team mirrors that. But he’ll figure out how to get the offense to produce. We won’t see what is needed though. What we need to see is a team that overcomes adversity. We just don’t have the intangibles. Intagibles could really make a huge difference here.
He is just not ready to be a head coach. It's that simple.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Are you trying to get me to lobby against Kliff? If so, you are wasting your time as I have been on that boat for 3 years. 500 yards of offense is supposed to impress me against a bad Ole Miss defense? Come on, Skid. You're better than that.

Regardless, the point of the debate is the running game being relied upon, and it is obvious this fool won't do that. He needs to go.
I predict that Tech will be more productive in the run game than they ever have been under Kliff. And that it still won’t matter.

Cotton

Staff member
I predict that Tech will be more productive in the run game than they ever have been under Kliff. And that it still won’t matter.
We will see. He leaned on it a little bit, but still backed off even after it showed to be his only hope..... early in the game. Or, bare minimum, late in the second half.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If Tech can't beat Houston in two weeks then Kliff cannot survive.

So I'm going in on:

1. Dave Aranda
2. Venebles
3. Seth Litrell

No to Neal Brown

Cotton

Staff member

So I'm going in on:

1. Dave Aranda
2. Venebles
3. Seth Litrell

No to Neal Brown
I would be happy with any of those 3, with Aranda clearly in the lead.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

So I'm going in on:

1. Dave Aranda
2. Venebles
3. Seth Litrell

No to Neal Brown
Im all in on Saban. :dunce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom