2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I see why college games are lasting so long now. Way too much instant replay.

The refs are partly to blame. There have been several instances where they could have made a definitive call on a play that was clear as day, instead they play it safe and fall back on the replay.

Like that Tua fumble a few minutes ago in the Bama/Louisville game. Pretty much everyone saw in real time that the ground caused the fumble. Instead of making that ruling immediately, they defer to replay which led to another 3-5 minute delay.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am tempted but a wrote and recorded a song a few years back called “ I wouldn’t Muddy Up The Water”. The rest of the the line said because you don’t know when you might go to get a drink some day. It always rears it’s head when I am tempted to brag too much.
That guy moves about like I do these days. I might have to get another hip to keep going.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It was cute when Miami did it. Now every damn body has rassling belts and then this stupid shit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

It was cute when Miami did it. Now every damn body has rassling belts and then this stupid shit.
That is like XFL stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
These Tech QBs are really making me wish for the days of Shimonek again.....:picard

Cotton

Staff member
These Tech QBs are really making me wish for the days of Shimonek again.....:picard
Yep, I had a feeling our offense could be bad this year. Between the QBs and the WRs it's not looking good. Kingsbury would be smart to lean very heavily on the run. But, he proved yesterday he has no plans to do so.

Rev

Staff member
Yep, I had a feeling our offense could be bad this year. Between the QBs and the WRs it's not looking good. Kingsbury would be smart to lean very heavily on the run. But, he proved yesterday he has no plans to do so.
so what you are telling me is that to expect a lot of passing.

Cotton

Staff member
Trey King and Da'Leon Ward are legit, yet we passed 56 times to 39 runs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That tall WR you have who is rail thin looked good. What is he 6'6" and 190 pounds?

Rev

Staff member
That tall WR you have who is rail thin looked good. What is he 6'6" and 190 pounds?
Well he is getting some good training with the wind in Lubbock. Im sure it moves him around on his routes.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Looks like LT, Cujo, and I are among the few who get to strut around the CFB Chatter Thread with our chests puffed out.

C'mon, [MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION], let's roll.

They looked even better than I thought the would. If we had left all of our starters in, it would have been 84-0.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, Vasher is the one bright spot on the offense as you can see in the video above.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Vasher is the one bright spot on the offense as you can see in the video above.
Yeah I wish Iowa had a receiver like that. Ours can't seem to catch a cold. At least we have 2 really good TEs. Classic Iowa.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They looked even better than I thought the would. If we had left all of our starters in, it would have been 84-0.
I was never concerned about the offense, it was the defense that worried me the most. Shockingly they played an outstanding game against a good offense.

I expected FAU to score close to 30 points and rack up well over 400 yards of offense, because that's just what any decent offense does against Mike Stoops coached defenses.

It was a great first step but I'm not dumb enough to be completely sold on the defense being back. They looked great against Ohio State last year then proceeded to play like garbage for the majority of the season after that. But so far I loved what I saw from the Freshmen and Sophomores.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was never concerned about the offense, it was the defense that worried me the most. Shockingly they played an outstanding game against a good offense.

I expected FAU to score close to 30 points and rack up well over 400 yards of offense, because that's just what any decent offense does against Mike Stoops coached defenses.

It was a great first step but I'm not dumb enough to be completely sold on the defense being back. They looked great against Ohio State last year then proceeded to play like garbage for the majority of the season after that. But so far I loved what I saw from the Freshmen and Sophomores.
Yeah it's FAU. It's sort of like Iowa's defense dominated Northern Illinois who usually has a very good offense. But I'm not buying into our defense being great at all yet. You have to see it against real conference opponents before it's believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom