2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Soon indeed [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION]. Soon indeed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I’m not outraged about this.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow, this dude *coincidentally* deleted old text messages when McMurphy's report came out but according to that Ohio State committee of investigators Urban was unaware and didn't try to hide information. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I see it like this:

One of Meyer’s beloved sons is married to a batshit crazy woman. The relationship is one of those that is very insane. Both of them are nut jobs. They both cheat and drink way too much. Drama all around for everyone. You don’t really know what to believe and sort of become numb to it. The cops are involved and nothing happened. Who the F knows with these crazy ass kids. That type of deal.

Then the media asked you what’s up and you deny it. I mean, apparently the police knew, the school admin knew...and he denied it in the media. To me, that’s not enough to get fired. Is the coach a scum bag? Yes. Does urban have a shady history? Yes. But this is not a firable offense imo. It will be played on loop and there will be picketers.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This is just a slap on the wrist but Meyer's one of CFB's golden child coaches, has been for years. He generates revenue, wins everywhere he goes, has a damn near fanatical fanbase and puts asses in the seats. He's one of the few college coaches that even casual CFB fans know by name.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is just a slap on the wrist but Meyer's one of CFB's golden child coaches, has been for years. He generates revenue, wins everywhere he goes, has a damn near fanatical fanbase and puts asses in the seats. He's one of the few college coaches that even casual CFB fans know by name.
Yeah if I was an Ohio State fan I'd be thrilled. They are a machine up there with Meyer as the head coach. In todays climate I'm a little surprised they didn't fire him just because domestic abuse is such a hot button topic but I don't necessarily think he should be fired either. To me you let the law handle this stuff. If you don't first hand witness the crime I'd want to stay out of it too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:jerk

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

D

Deuce

The NCAA released their 2018 Record Book this morning which officially recognized UCF as co-National Champs last season.

Suck it, Bama. Suck it, haters.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Can't wait to watch Scott Frost lead the Huskers to the Big 10 title this year.

D

Deuce

Can't wait to watch Scott Frost lead the Huskers to the Big 10 title this year.
That would be just as big of a miracle as what he pulled at UCF. But I’ll never count out a coach with a National Championship skin already on his wall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The NCAA released their 2018 Record Book this morning which officially recognized UCF as co-National Champs last season.

Suck it, Bama. Suck it, haters.

1bigfan13

Staff member
There's actually some real football on now on CBS Sports. Hawaii vs. Colorado State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom