2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol you're such an asshole
There is just so much going on in that moment.

Temple rubs. Face palms. Chin straps being unbuckled.

But my favorite was the face palm plus ponytail adjustment from the chick.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There is just so much going on in that moment.

Temple rubs. Face palms. Chin straps being unbuckled.

But my favorite was the face palm plus ponytail adjustment from the chick.
It sums up many moments in the last several years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It sums up many moments in the last several years.
:lol

I was going to drop a similar comment. That pic could have come from any number of Tech games....minus the games against Kansas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't like where this thread is going. Can we please talk about something else?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

I was going to drop a similar comment. That pic could have come from any number of Tech games....minus the games against Kansas.
You know, I’m trying to be the great guy that I am and now your just piling on. We almost won a bowl game last season, asswipe!

Cotton

Staff member
You know, I’m trying to be the great guy that I am and now your just piling on. We almost won a bowl game last season, asswipe!
You're*

Cotton

Staff member
Now you too today?!
I just thought since you were talking about piling on, it would be ironic for me to pile on with a little spelling correction.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think he's coached his last game at Ohio State. My guess is the paid administrative leave is simply a precursor for an eventual buyout of some sort.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think he's coached his last game at Ohio State. My guess is the paid administrative leave is simply a precursor for an eventual buyout of some sort.
I imagine they'll try to terminate for cause, just saw someone post details of his latest extension and it had failure to report dv in it

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And then he coaches Texas in 2019.

:towel

1bigfan13

Staff member
Someone floated the idea of Bob Stoops returning home and coaching Ohio State.

I'd be all for that because hopefully it means Mike Stoops would be joining his staff.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I imagine they'll try to terminate for cause, just saw someone post details of his latest extension and it had failure to report dv in it
That makes sense.

I just don't get the mindset of coaches like Urban Meyer, Art Briles, and Paterno. No way in hell would I jeopardize my or my family's livelihood to protect the criminal actions of coaches and players.

We're not talking petty NCAA BS like getting free tattoos or under the table money. I can understand stuff like that. But those guys covered up legit felony activities. Screw that. I'm turning your ass in and telling what I know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That makes sense.

I just don't get the mindset of coaches like Urban Meyer, Art Briles, and Paterno. No way in hell would I jeopardize my or my family's livelihood to protect the criminal actions of coaches and players.

We're not talking petty NCAA BS like getting free tattoos or under the table money. I can understand stuff like that. But those guys covered up legit felony activities. Screw that. I'm turning your ass in and telling what I know.
I get it but I also don't know why the alleged victims in these cases don't just call the police. If you're being abused it's real simple. Don't go to the guys boss and tell him. Report it to the damn authorities. In any normal life situation your boss has no obligation to do anything. Now I get that college sports and public institutions are different but still.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Quite a few people seem to think Ohio State should just immediately cut ties with Meyer because they're "The" Ohio State and will remain competitive and relevant long after he's gone.

I wouldn't count on that. You can't de-value the impact top tier coaches have on programs. There are tons of examples of marquee programs that have been mired in mediocrity after the departure of a great coach.

Look no further than Urban Meyer's previous coaching job at Florida. UF went through it twice.....the post-Spurrier years and now they're struggling to remain relevant post-Meyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom