X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I guess Kyler Murray is supposedly going to try his hand at the NFL? I thought this may happen. I think he just loves football more than baseball. I'm definitely intrigued to see how highly he will project in the NFL draft. There is talk that he will be a first rounder. He would definitely be the smallest QB drafted in the first round that I can remember but the kid is one hell of an athlete. As a third round prospect I'd love him. But as a first rounder it would make me a bit nervous. Still it's a weak QB class at the top so it will be interesting to see how high he can climb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
      So I guess Kyler Murray is supposedly going to try his hand at the NFL? I thought this may happen. I think he just loves football more than baseball. I'm definitely intrigued to see how highly he will project in the NFL draft. There is talk that he will be a first rounder. He would definitely be the smallest QB drafted in the first round that I can remember but the kid is one hell of an athlete. As a third round prospect I'd love him. But as a first rounder it would make me a bit nervous. Still it's a weak QB class at the top so it will be interesting to see how high he can climb.
      I think that teams are going to be less worried about having a tall QB. Going to the spread more negates that need to sit back in the pocket for ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

You don't think Clemson has the funds to match?

Plus I don't think he's already at Bear Bryant/Nick Saban level. Not even close. He's on his way but those guys have 6 national championships each. Swinney's only sitting at 2.
        I dont think he is at that level as in number of championships. I think he is at their level as far as admired by fans and school. I think he could have that statue and by 2022 maybe even the stadium name. As far as money who knows.
        #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by skidadl View Post

I think that teams are going to be less worried about having a tall QB. Going to the spread more negates that need to sit back in the pocket for ever.
          Yeah everyone is running a ton of shotgun these days in the NFL. It makes height far less important. It's how guys like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are able to thrive. Teams run out of the shotgun and pass out of the shotgun. Then to add to it Murray is a running threat which helps with all of the shotgun misdirection that the brighter NFL minds are running. It may eliminate some teams from wanting him if they are still trying to run old school under center offenses but for most of these next generation offensive coordinators it won't matter. Like I said, I'm really interested to see who will take Murray and how high he will go. I think he is a QB that could have a lot of success right away in the NFL as opposed to some guys who take years to develop or never do.

Comment

Yeah everyone is running a ton of shotgun these days in the NFL. It makes height far less important. It's how guys like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are able to thrive. Teams run out of the shotgun and pass out of the shotgun. Then to add to it Murray is a running threat which helps with all of the shotgun misdirection that the brighter NFL minds are running. It may eliminate some teams from wanting him if they are still trying to run old school under center offenses but for most of these next generation offensive coordinators it won't matter. Like I said, I'm really interested to see who will take Murray and how high he will go. I think he is a QB that could have a lot of success right away in the NFL as opposed to some guys who take years to develop or never do.
            Kliff Kingsbury takes Murray with the 1st overall pick and then trades away Josh Rosen.

Kliff is Murray's mentor already so it makes sense.

Comment

So I guess Kyler Murray is supposedly going to try his hand at the NFL? I thought this may happen. I think he just loves football more than baseball. I'm definitely intrigued to see how highly he will project in the NFL draft. There is talk that he will be a first rounder. He would definitely be the smallest QB drafted in the first round that I can remember but the kid is one hell of an athlete. As a third round prospect I'd love him. But as a first rounder it would make me a bit nervous. Still it's a weak QB class at the top so it will be interesting to see how high he can climb.
              I think Drew Brees was taken in the first round and he and Murray are about the same height.
              Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

I think Drew Brees was taken in ypthe first round and he and Murray are about the same height.
                Iirc when he was at A&M we listed him at 5'9" and pretty much everyone said he was really 5'8" so unless he's grown around 3" since then he's not
                2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

I think Drew Brees was taken in ypthe first round and he and Murray are about the same height.
                  He was taken in the 2nd. Also, Brees is 6 while Murray might literally be 58

Comment

He was taken in the 2nd. Also, Brees is 6 while Murray might literally be 58
                    Murray is listed at 5 11 . He has grown some since his high school days. The last time I saw him in person was his senior year and he was about 5 9. I saw him again ai the Big 12 championship game and he was a little taller and had put on a lot of muscle.
                    Since Day One

Comment

• Brees was drafted 32 overall which is essentially the first round.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Murray is listed at 5 11 . He has grown some since his high school days. The last time I saw him in person was his senior year and he was about 5 9. I saw him again ai the Big 12 championship game and he was a little taller and had put on a lot of muscle.
                        Eh, I doubt seriously that he's 5'11. Ain't no way IMO.

I know you are a double homer though with the Allen and OU connection which enough to cause anyone's head to burst.

Comment

Brees was drafted 32 overall which is essentially the first round.
                          Doesn't matter. It's still the second round. There is a big difference between the last pick of the first round, and the first pick of the 2nd. Price, length of contract, etc...

Comment

Eh, I doubt seriously that he's 5'11. Ain't no way IMO.

I know you are a double homer though with the Allen and OU connection which enough to cause anyone's head to burst.
                            Im not promoting anything. I am just relating information. It what he is listed at the same way Brees is listed at 6 ft.
                            Since Day One

Comment

Im not promoting anything. I am just relating information. It what he is listed at the same way Brees is listed at 6 ft.
                              I'm just messin with ya, pops.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Doesn't matter. It's still the second round. There is a big difference between the last pick of the first round, and the first pick of the 2nd. Price, length of contract, etc...
                                Yeah I know its the second round for that year but numerically the 32nd pick is usually the last pick of the first round and that is why I said it was essentially the first round..
                                Since Day One

Comment

Working...
                                X