2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Disagree. This has been happening for how long now? With no problem.

The problem was thinking they could put them both in the same proximity. Cattle are naturally fearful of dogs. Trying to put them next to one another for a photo op was stupid.
But, that's my point. Both animals being on the field together was the problem. But, Longhorn fans will just try and blame the dog instead of admitting that just maybe the 2 ton steer was part of the problem.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But, that's my point. Both animals being on the field together was the problem. But, Longhorn fans will just try and blame the dog instead of admitting that just maybe the 2 ton steer was part of the problem.
Yeah. Putting them together was THE problem. Keep them on their own sideline and all is good. But people are now saying it’s a problem having Bevo on the field. Yourself included. No... retarded people trying to put two animals that are natural enemies together was the problem. You can’t blame an animal for acting the way they have for all of eternity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah. Putting them together was THE problem. Keep them on their own sideline and all is good. But people are now saying it’s a problem having Bevo on the field. Yourself included. No... retarded people trying to put two animals that are natural enemies together was the problem. You can’t blame an animal for acting the way they have for all of eternity.
Me saying the steer was the only part of the problem was a bit of hyperbole, I'll admit. I can't say much, Tech has a horse on the field every game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me saying the steer was the only part of the problem was a bit of hyperbole, I'll admit. I can't say much, Tech has a horse on the field every game.
Yeah I have no problem with the Steer. It was dumb to try and put a Bull and a Bull Dog together.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I see that OU has hired the co-defensive coordinator as their new DC. I’m the surface this seems like a good move.

midswat

... soon
2018 #2 overall recruit QB Justin Fields transferring to Ohio State.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Also, small detail, but people keep saying that Bevo weighs 2 tons. Is that to make him seem even bigger and more dangerous? 1 ton is 2 thousand pounds. There is no way in hell he is 4 thousand pounds. I doubt he’s even 1 ton.
That is correct, large bulls are generally more around 1/2 a ton then a full ton.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under Urban Meyer he would have been awesome. I'm assuming the new coaches will be the same or similar. At least for the next year or two.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That is correct, large bulls are generally more around 1/2 a ton then a full ton.
He's probably bigger than a 1/2 ton. Most rodeo bulls are around 1,400 to 1,800 lbs, depending on the breed. The biggest black angus breeding bull on my uncle's ranch weighs about 2,000 lbs, give or take a little.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It was a shame UGA could never get him on the field with Fromm.

Sure he's a QB, but he was great running the ball.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[h=1]Report: Jets have interest in Matt Rhule[/h] Posted by Charean Williams on January 4, 2019, 4:31 PM EST

Getty Images

The Jets have interest in Baylor coach Matt Rhule, Dan Graziano of ESPN reports.

The Jets will travel to Dallas-Fort Worth this weekend to interview Cowboys assistant Kris Richard on Sunday, so it is unclear whether they plan on speaking to Rhule during the visit to Texas, according to Graziano.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News wrote Thursday that the Jets should have Rhule high on their list of candidates.

Rhule, 43, interviewed with the Colts last year, but withdrew his name from consideration a day after news leaked of his interview.

He has coached on both sides of the ball and in the college and pro ranks, including serving as an assistant offensive line coach on Tom Coughlin’s staff with the Giants in 2012. Rhule, a native New Yorker, has turned around programs at Temple and Baylor.

midswat

... soon
Will the last player to leave UGA please turn off the lights?

seriously mass exodus down there. Kids declaring early and a couple notable recruits transferring.

Interesting

D

Deuce

I wonder if Martell now transfers from tOSU. Double edged sword for him cause he either loses the job and looks dumb after his tweets or he transfers himself and looks dumb after his tweets.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Neal Brown to be the next HC st WVU, the greatest college program on the planet apparently.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
USC has balked at giving permission to the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals to interview Trojans offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, league sources told ESPN.

Sources said a perfect storm of the NFL's new enforcement of an old rule has led to the situation where the Jets and Cardinals can't talk to one of their head-coaching candidates.

At last month's NFL owners meetings in Dallas, league officials informed team executives that they now had to request permission from college athletic directors to interview college coaches. Not doing so would be considered "conduct detrimental" and the NFL then could dock draft picks from teams, sources said.

"If permission is denied, the NFL club should respect that decision just as it would respect a similar decision from another NFL club," the rule states in part. "NFL clubs that fail to follow these protocols may be subject to disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the League."

USC's refusal to release Kingsbury for interview has prevented the Jets and Cardinals from meeting with a candidate they would like to know more about. The teams have thus far moved on to interview other candidates while waiting to see if USC acquiesces. The Jets and Cardinals would like to speak with USC offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, but the Trojans have thus far blocked any interviews, sources told ESPN. Michael C. Johnson/USA TODAY Sports
Kingsbury was hired by USC as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in December after being fired as Texas Tech coach after a 5-7 season. Kingsbury, 39, replaced Tee Martin, who was dismissed by coach Clay Helton in November.

He told ESPN's Shelley Smith in December that "I haven't even thought" about making the leap to the NFL and said he was looking forward to the impact he can have on college players. But sources previously told ESPN that before taking the USC job, Kingsbury had been pursued by multiple NFL franchises, and he clearly is continuing to draw interest at the pro level.

The NFL's new enforcement has made interviewing college coaches this offseason more challenging, certainly for teams that are interested in candidates such as Kingsbury.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
7 National Championships in the last 8 years.

HORNS UP!!

:towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom