2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Holgersen deal is done. People wondering whether a 61-41 record is worth what they're going to pay him. Lot of radio talk about his publicized drinking problems and that he got out of Morgantown just in time. All agree that he is by far the best option they had and he's likely to stay. He still has a home in Houston and is tight with Fertitta.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holgersen deal is done. People wondering whether a 61-41 record is worth what they're going to pay him. Lot of radio talk about his publicized drinking problems and that he got out of Morgantown just in time. All agree that he is by far the best option they had and he's likely to stay. He still has a home in Houston and is tight with Fertitta.
He is an excellent coach. I think he will do extremely well for Houston. Of course I have no idea about his off the field drinking issues. Something like that could sink him at any moment if it's true. People with drinking problems make really poor choices when they drink usually.

midswat

... soon
- LSU fans I interacted with in person were mostly cordial, though they all subscribe to the same BS excuses we read on Twitter. “You guys are good, I wish your QB could’ve played us...buuuut we missed sooo many defensive starters!!” It was fun reminding them that the defensive starters they missed were replaced by all 4 and 5* kids while we have 4 4* kids total on our team.
Why was that “fun?” Aren’t you the same guy that say stars “might’ as well be written on toilet paper?”

Also, ratings don’t matter when it’s a receiver playing corner for the first time because there are no other options. Or backup safeties playing corner, and backup linebackers playing safety.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is an excellent coach. I think he will do extremely well for Houston. Of course I have no idea about his off the field drinking issues. Something like that could sink him at any moment if it's true. People with drinking problems make really poor choices when they drink usually.
I like him as a coach. He is certainly better than Kliff ever was but I don't get this excellent thing. He is basically Leach light. He was very close to being fired on more than one occasion at WVU. WVU didn't think much of him at all as they did not attempt to extend him or keep him from going to/interviewing Tech or UH.

You must not think much of WVU if you believe that his coaching record oozes excellence. He is 2-5 in bowls and went 8-5 last season. I mean, I always liked his teams' toughness and grit but he was likely to have a worse record next season as he was losing everything.

As far as him doing well at UH -yes, I expect him to do very well there. He has an easier path to winning games and he is in one of the hottest recruiting areas in the country. Houston is a shit commuter school in the worst part of Houston with basically nothing for fan support but their football is pretty good.

D

Deuce

Why was that “fun?” Aren’t you the same guy that say stars “might’ as well be written on toilet paper?”

Also, ratings don’t matter when it’s a receiver playing corner for the first time because there are no other options. Or backup safeties playing corner, and backup linebackers playing safety.
It was fun because star ratings mean something to them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like him as a coach. He is certainly better than Kliff ever was but I don't get this excellent thing. He is basically Leach light. He was very close to being fired on more than one occasion at WVU. WVU didn't think much of him at all as they did not attempt to extend him or keep him from going to/interviewing Tech or UH.

You must not think much of WVU if you believe that his coaching record oozes excellence. He is 2-5 in bowls and went 8-5 last season. I mean, I always liked his teams' toughness and grit but he was likely to have a worse record next season as he was losing everything.

As far as him doing well at UH -yes, I expect him to do very well there. He has an easier path to winning games and he is in one of the hottest recruiting areas in the country. Houston is a shit commuter school in the worst part of Houston with basically nothing for fan support but their football is pretty good.
He has two 10 win seasons at WVU. You have to go back to what, 1976 to find two 10 win seasons at Texas Tech. I mean the guy wasn't coaching at Texas or Oklahoma. WVU isn't in that class.and yet they play in a big boy conference. Maybe great is an overstatement but I think he is a really good coach.

midswat

... soon
It was fun because star ratings mean something to them.
Sounds like they mean something to you, as well.

You were the one that brought them up.

Nevertheless... QB play didn’t cost you that game. Line never blocked for Mack and receivers dropped a ton of balls.

Those, paired with making Burrow look like Montana cost you the game.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He has two 10 win seasons at WVU. You have to go back to what, 1976 to find two 10 win seasons at Texas Tech. I mean the guy wasn't coaching at Texas or Oklahoma. WVU isn't in that class.and yet they play in a big boy conference. Maybe great is an overstatement but I think he is a really good coach.
Whatever. I’m going to watch the TTU/WVU game cause we are a basketball school now.

midswat

... soon
Rich get richer. Jadon Haselwood supposed to pick Oklahoma when he announces his commitment on Saturday.

Kid is a damned good receiver.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

The epitome of a tea sips attitude.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The fact Uga is a dog was what the problem was. Not the color of his sweater. Cattle are color blind.

The whole “red cape” thing is a farce. They’re irritated by the sudden movement of something rather than the color of it. A matador could use a baby blue blanket and get the same result.

Cotton

Staff member
The fact Uga is a dog was what the problem was. Not the color of his sweater. Cattle are color blind.

The whole “red cape” thing is a farce. They’re irritated by the sudden movement of something rather than the color of it. A matador could use a baby blue blanket and get the same result.
While it is true that cattle are blind, the bigger problem wasn't having a dog on the field, but having a 2 ton steer on the field.

midswat

... soon
Yes because every year lives are lost by having 2 town steer on the field pregame.

Cotton

Staff member
Yes because every year lives are lost by having 2 town steer on the field pregame.
That's not the point. The point is that Longhorn fans would never take any sort of blame for the incident that happened. Instead they try to blame the dog and the other HUMANS on the same field as their mascot.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
While it is true that cattle are blind, the bigger problem wasn't having a dog on the field, but having a 2 ton steer on the field.
Disagree. This has been happening for how long now? With no problem.

The problem was thinking they could put them both in the same proximity. Cattle are naturally fearful of dogs. Trying to put them next to one another for a photo op was stupid.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Also, small detail, but people keep saying that Bevo weighs 2 tons. Is that to make him seem even bigger and more dangerous? 1 ton is 2 thousand pounds. There is no way in hell he is 4 thousand pounds. I doubt he’s even 1 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom