2018 Draft Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’ll be honest and say I didn’t see one minute of him playing. Everything I have seen or read I would rate him as third or fourth in this QB class. Is it just everyone hoping he is Carson Wentz 2?
Pretty much. Their playing backgrounds and physical attributes are similar so everyone is clinging to the lazy comparison.

Big difference is Carson Wentz was actually a stud in college. This guy has largely been meh at best.

He has accuracy issues.....playing against sub par competition. And the few times that he actually played against Power 5 level competition he's looked horrible every single time out.

But, hey...."he has teh rocket for an arm"

Obviously I could be wrong, but I get Kyle Boller vibes from this guy. For his sake I hope he doesn't go to Cleveland.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I didn't want him before, and I certainly don't want him now.

data

Forbes #1
On Scott Wright’s website, poll with 7,000 votes asking who’s the best RB prospect in last several years.

Saquon Barkley with 46%
Zeke 23%
Gurley 20%
Fournette 11%

Cotton

Staff member
On Scott Wright’s website, poll with 7,000 votes asking who’s the best RB prospect in last several years.

Saquon Barkley with 46%
Zeke 23%
Gurley 20%
Fournette 11%
Meh, the opinions ebb and flow every year, and it's always the new guy that is going to be the bestest evar. They said the same shit about Fournette coming out of college, too.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Please let him go to Cleveland.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Please let him go to Cleveland.
I've seen a handful of mocks and reports linking him to Miami. That would suck. Right when I leave the area the next Marino strolls into town.

That would definitely eat at me.

So I'm rooting hard against Miami and Cleveland landing him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even if the Giants take Barkley call me when they find a QB and OL. There's also a seemingly significant chance that Beckham leaves as a free agent.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I honestly don't care what the other NFC East teams are doing. We need to get our own shit in order first.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Barkley is bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic, more explosive, and as good a receiver.

The only area Zeke may be better is blocking.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I don't get it. The workouts are non contact. So if a guy is working out every day to get in shape for the NFL why throw a fit over doing it in front of a coach? Seems a bit silly to me. I haven't ever really heard of a player getting hurt doing it either. Hell the combine seems to cause more injuries where the guys are running forties and benching a bunch of weight.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fountain was my sleeper. But he isn't so much an unknown anymore. Wonder how high he will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom