2018 Draft Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's impressive, I'm just saying a clip where the LT oversets and loses his leverage without much being done there by Chubb, in what mostly looks like a mental error especially when you see his reaction at the end of the play, isn't the clip I'd use to call a guy the best prospect in the draft.
Yep, it was a good play but when an OT whiffs that badly it's some really poor technique on his part.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Damn.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
jesus. that looks like a pee wee football player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Will Roger Goodell continue to announce the first-round draft picks?
Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2018, 11:03 AM EST

So with the draft heading to Dallas and FOX ready to broadcast the event into millions of additional homes, an important question regarding the execution of the draft comes back to the front burner: Will Commissioner Roger Goodell continue to announce the first-round picks?

It’s one of the most public aspects of the Commissioner’s job. In recent years, however, the crowds at the draft have incessantly booed him. The bigger the crowd, the louder the boos.

Last year in Philadelphia, he heard it from 70,000 Eagles fans who had no particular reason to be upset with him. This year in a Dallas-area stadium that can hold more than 100,000, Cowboys fans still salty about the suspension of Ezekiel Elliott will have extra motivation to make themselves heard.

Goodell, for his part, embraces the opportunity to show everyone he can take it. He has, at times, opted to encourage fans to “bring it on,” and bring it on they do. Others in positions of power and influence within the NFL don’t like it, and for good reason. It’s a very bad look for the league to have the Commissioner booed so relentless and mercilessly — and for the Commissioner to openly challenge those booing him to boo him more with more passion and zeal.

Now that the draft will be televised by a broadcast network, the time has come for a not-so-graceful exit by the Commissioner from the task of announcing the picks. In his place, the NFL should hire a professional host who would either announce the picks or introduce others (like former players from a given team or a celebrity fan of that team) to announce each selection.

Steps already have been taken to thin the flock of boo birds. Last year in Philly, the Friday night activities began with Eagles legend Ron Jaworski accompanying Goodell. Jaworski was cheered; Goodell was once again booed. The next day, there was no sign of Goodell at the podium, and there was no booing.

With the 2018 draft destined to have both the biggest crowd and largest TV audience ever, the time has come to acknowledge that the Commissioner of the sport shouldn’t be serving as the master of ceremonies for the NFL’s biggest non-game night of the year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Make sure the sun is in his fat stupid face.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Baker Mayfield says he will not attend NFL draft
Posted by Charean Williams on February 19, 2018, 7:59 PM EST

A year ago, the No. 1 overall pick, Myles Garrett, stayed in his hometown of Arlington, Texas, rather than attend the NFL draft in Philadelphia. This year the draft is in Arlington, and one of the draft’s top prospects won’t be attending.

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was in Fort Worth on Monday night to pick up the Davey O’Brien Award, and during a round of interviews, the Heisman Trophy winner told Newy Scruggs of DFW’s NBC5 that his draft-day plans do not include AT&T Stadium.

Mayfield would have served as the headliner of draft week.

It is not unprecedented for a top quarterback prospect to stay home for the draft, though most usually attend. The top quarterbacks in 2015, Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, chose not to attend. Winston went first overall, and Mariota was the second choice.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well this would be one highlight if I was watching the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Surprising list:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So...what can you Texas Tech fans tell me about him?

He apparently is rising fast and has been compared to Desean Jackson.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

He is a small, but very fast receiver. I think he will be a good deep threat, that can double as a possession receiver, because he is very good at getting separation, and runs great routes. He also has very reliable hands.

He also could be used as a return man.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The Browns would be best served to draft him #1 overall and then grab a QB at #4 because Barkley won’t be there at 4 if they take a QB #1 overall.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Relentless competitor. He loves to ball.

He is one of those guys who runs 100% all of the time. He has a pretty good set of mits in him as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Browns would be best served to draft him #1 overall and then grab a QB at #4 because Barkley won’t be there at 4 if they take a QB #1 overall.
The Browns need to stop just taking whatever QB is left. Evaluate a guy and go get the one you want. I think waiting til 4 and taking whichever guy is left is just silly. Plus this RB class is stacked. They can get a really good one later.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The Browns need to stop just taking whatever QB is left. Evaluate a guy and go get the one you want. I think waiting til 4 and taking whichever guy is left is just silly. Plus this RB class is stacked. They can get a really good one later.
They also need to focus on taking the best player. In my opinion, Barkley is the best player in the draft, so passing on him would be foolish when none of the QBs look all that great.

D

Deuce

So my brother reminded me of the ridiculous 4x100 team Lakewood HS had a few years ago.

Griffin twins who both busted a 4.39, Rodney Adams who ran a 4.44 last year at the combine and Marquez Valdes-Scantling who dropped his own 4.37 on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom