Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is incredible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is incredible.
Yeah he is going to make a really good guard for someone. There is zero chance of him making it to Dallas but I think he's going to be a stud for a long time in the NFL unless something freak happens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah he is going to make a really good guard for someone. There is zero chance of him making it to Dallas but I think he's going to be a stud for a long time in the NFL unless something freak happens.
Too bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is incredible.
The one where he Undertaker-style choke-slammed the LSU guy was even better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't see Jaire Alexander getting a lot of publicity as a first round CB.

:lol

I guarantee you the WR was creeped out by this the rest of the football game.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't see Jaire Alexander getting a lot of publicity as a first round CB.

:lol

I guarantee you the WR was creeped out by this the rest of the football game.
:youdint

lostxn

DCC 4Life
NFL draft analyst has former Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk among top 5 impact rookies

NFL draft analyst has former Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk among top 5 impact rookies

One NFL draft analyst thinks former Texas A&M receiver Christian Kirk will waste no time making his presence felt.

Texas A&M fans watched Christian Kirk’s game-breaking ability for three seasons in College Station. Now, one NFL draft analyst says a lucky franchise will get to do the same next season with Kirk.

The former Aggies receiver and returner, a First Team All-SEC selection in each of the last two seasons, is among the five players who will make the biggest impact as NFL rookies, according to draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

Here’s what Jeremiah had to say about Kirk this week.

“Some teams have Kirk as a late-first-round player, while others view him more as a second-round option. Almost everyone agrees that he’s one of the most polished players in the draft. He’s a refined route runner and should quickly emerge as one of the league’s most effective slot receivers. Cooper Kupp made a big-time impact as a rookie for the Rams working out of the slot last fall, and I expect similar results from Kirk in 2018.”

Kirk is in good company alongside some players who are considered early first-round selections, such as Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson, N.C. State DE Bradley Chubb and Washington DT Vita Vea.

Kirk capped his historic college career with his best game as a pass catcher. Against Wake Forest in the Belk Bowl, Kirk recorded career-highs in receptions (13) and receiving yards (189) and receiving TDs (3).

Of course, everyone knows how dynamic he is as a returner. His career average of 22 yards per return is an FBS record (minimum 1.5 punt returns per game). During his three-year career at Texas A&M, he had 6 punt return TDs and 1 kickoff return TD.

He’s one of four Aggies who is scheduled to participate in the 2018 NFL Combine from February 27 to March 5, along with DT Zaycoven Henderson, P Shane Tripucka and S Armani Watts.

According to SEC Country’s mock draft, Kirk is projected to go No. 8 overall to the Chicago Bears, ahead of former Alabama WR Calvin Ridley.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
Who am I looking for?

Rev

Staff member
I would assume Quenton Nelson, the LG.
When I saw it was Notre Dame I thought so, too. However he had help on that block and it didn't seem to match the "best player in the draft" description for that play. I don't really follow the college football other than Tech so didn't know who the DE was that got the sack.

See that it was answered now.

Rev

Staff member
I only know Nelson because of the previous tweets in this thread.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's some piss poor inside zone blocking, Chubb simply takes advantage of the LT oversetting to the outside. Chubb could be the top player in the draft but it's not because of this play necessarily.

Rev

Staff member
That's some piss poor inside zone blocking, Chubb simply takes advantage of the LT oversetting to the outside. Chubb could be the top player in the draft but it's not because of this play necessarily.
It could have just been the last series of plays that Sturm watched.

Cotton

Staff member
Watch the subtle move he gives at the snap. That plus once the guard starts that direction he has the unbelievable speed to just blow by him. Then he just damn near runs over the RB trying to help. It's impressive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Watch the subtle move he gives at the snap. That plus once the guard starts that direction he has the unbelievable speed to just blow by him. Then he just damn near runs over the RB trying to help. It's impressive.
It's impressive, I'm just saying a clip where the LT oversets and loses his leverage without much being done there by Chubb, in what mostly looks like a mental error especially when you see his reaction at the end of the play, isn't the clip I'd use to call a guy the best prospect in the draft.

Cotton

Staff member
It's impressive, I'm just saying a clip where the LT oversets and loses his leverage without much being done there by Chubb, in what mostly looks like a mental error especially when you see his reaction at the end of the play, isn't the clip I'd use to call a guy the best prospect in the draft.
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom