2018 Draft Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh well. A lot of folks say Dallas doesnt draft well so if they believe that then one position doesn’t make a difference or three for that matter.
I actually think we draft pretty well. Even the dice roll on Jaylon appears to be paying off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I actually think we draft pretty well. Even the dice roll on Jaylon appears to be paying off.
I think so too. In the first Two Rounds there are plenty of players and unless you are in a top Five position, it probably doesn’t matter whether you are Sixteen or Twenty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think so too. In the first Two Rounds there are plenty of players and unless you are in a top Five position, it probably doesn’t matter whether you are Sixteen or Twenty.
The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.

Cotton

Staff member
Vita Vea is a DT that I hope falls to our pick. If he does and we don't take him, then fuck Marinelli if he is still around.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.
It could be if you were drafting for need but probably not so much if you are going BPA. I seems that most teams draft for need even though the fan says always go BPA.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vita Vea is a DT that I hope falls to our pick. If he does and we don't take him, then fuck Marinelli if he is still around.
Funny I was thinking about him earlier this morning and I kind of feel the opposite. I've said multiple times that I'd have no problem taking a 1 technique DT in the first round but when I think about Vita Vea I'm just sort of meh. I know he is 350 pounds and can run down people on kickoffs.

But he also gets gashed by Barkley for 137 yards and 7.6 yards per carry. And then I start thinking of Danny Shelton and how insignificant he has been in the NFL. Even though he is basically the identical player who came from the exact same school.

I actually think I'd pass on Vita Vea in the first round. I want more out of my NT in this defense. Plus he isn't some super steal at 20. Hell Kiper has him at 22 on his big board. Just a limited player.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This makes me uncomfortable to watch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Ronnie Harrison (S Alabama) and Roquan Smith (LBer Georgia) most for our first round pick right now.

I'd love Calvin Ridley but I see no way that he makes it to 20 right now.

Quenton Nelson is my sleeper pick though.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Meh. You will take your borderline LB or TE in the second round and like it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I like Ronnie Harrison (S Alabama) and Roquan Smith (LBer Georgia) most for our first round pick right now.

I think Nelson will be solid at the next level but we're set there, don'tcha know. I think he would be a steal in the second if he makes it that far, he's almost a Zack Martin clone, one of the few OGs I would be okay with in the first round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Nelson will be solid at the next level but we're set there, don'tcha know. I think he would be a steal in the second if he makes it that far, he's almost a Zack Martin clone, one of the few OGs I would be okay with in the first round.
He checks off the box for college school we love and a position that we are comfortable taking in the first round. But that's why I called it a sleeper pick, I doubt we are in the market for a first round O-lineman with 4 of our guys basically locked up or going to be locked up to big deals soon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh. You will take your borderline LB or TE in the second round and like it.
Dallas Goedert in the second I'm totally ok with. We need a TE with athletic ability in the worst way. I'd love for that to be Rico but with his whole, sit out the entire season thing, I really don't hold out a lot of hope for him.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'm all in on Vea. Monster in the middle to stuff the run and break the pocket.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm all in on Vea. Monster in the middle to stuff the run and break the pocket.
Yeah, we really need that inside push for our pass rush to collapse the pocket. Add in that he is a beast at plugging the middle and he is the 1T we have been sorely needing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, we really need that inside push for our pass rush to collapse the pocket. Add in that he is a beast at plugging the middle and he is the 1T we have been sorely needing.
Do you think Washington recruits an overweight Samoan every year to play NT? Danny Shelton was only 3 years ago.

Cotton

Staff member
Do you think Washington recruits an overweight Samoan every year to play NT? Danny Shelton was only 3 years ago.
I think he is better than Shelton.

Cotton

Staff member
Shelton was way better at getting to the QB in college.
Thank goodness I’m not looking for getting to the QB out of my 1T. Disrupt the middle of the line on passing plays to collapse that pocket and stuff the run like a beast. He does both.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I'd rather keep Hitchens and roll with our current LBers. We could use an OLB though but not in the first IMHO. Calvin would be great but yeah, not gonna happen without a trade up. I do want a WR in the first though. I want Kirk now. Think he's the burner we need. Sutton also looks good but unless we're cutting Dez, I'm not sure we need two jump ball receivers who can't get separation.

No way we get Harrison, btw. We rarely pick safeties high. RW was the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom