Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Might as well get this started

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might as well get this started

Sure glad we got that all important win today.

midswat

... soon
All I know is runningbacks John Kelly and Sasquan Barkley have both declared.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We went from 17 to 20 with that stupid win today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw that we're at 19
Sooo...what do we do? DT? LB? Safety? TE? Tackle?
BPA duh

We won't take a NT in the first so no point in discussing that. Irving will be back as a Pro bowl talent at the 3 technique.

LB or Safety make lots of sense. Probably more so safety but Lee is getting up there and we need to be prepared for the injury that ends him.

I don't see a first round TE in the draft at all. Maybe someone sneaks into the late first but it would be based on need more than anything. I'd be cool with a first round receiver but I don't see who that would be at pick 20.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've heard Roqan Smith from Georgia is a difference maker at LB. From what I've read there's quite a few secondary guys out there. Personally I'd like to get a solid DT, a big run stuffer at some point.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
BPA duh

We won't take a NT in the first so no point in discussing that. Irving will be back as a Pro bowl talent at the 3 technique.

LB or Safety make lots of sense. Probably more so safety but Lee is getting up there and we need to be prepared for the injury that ends him.

I don't see a first round TE in the draft at all. Maybe someone sneaks into the late first but it would be based on need more than anything. I'd be cool with a first round receiver but I don't see who that would be at pick 20.
Sounds about right. LB, S or WR. Like you said we could also use DT but probably won't spend a 1st on one. Sucks being a 4-3 team and still having LB as a need while we still have Lee and used a 2nd recently on a LB. But I guess that's what we get for continuing to draft injured players.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sure glad we got that all important win today.
Oh well. A lot of folks say Dallas doesnt draft well so if they believe that then one position doesn’t make a difference or three for that matter.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Latest walterfootball mock-

Rd. 1, Pk. 19 Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Roquan Smith is too talented to fall out of the top half of the opening round, so the Cowboys would definitely consider him with this selection. Anthony Hitchens is an impending free agent, while Jaylon Smith hasn't played up to his billing quite yet.

Rd. 2, Pk. 18 Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida
The Cowboys could use another threat in the receiving corps, and they've shown that they're willing to take chances on troubled players. Antonio Callaway has some major off-the-field issues, but some team could give him a shot in the second round.

Rd. 3, Pk. 17 Braden Smith, G, Auburn
The Cowboys' offensive line hasn't been nearly as good this season. Losing Ronald Leary hurt, so here's a new left guard to help remedy the problem.

Rd. 4, Pk. 16 Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
The Cowboys lost some defensive backs last offseason, and they never found a solid player to start alongside Byron Jones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could live with this. I would rather take Kirk who he has going a couple picks later than our typical 2nd rnd take a shot on a problem player. Watts in the 4th is a steal

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Latest walterfootball mock-

Rd. 1, Pk. 19 Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Roquan Smith is too talented to fall out of the top half of the opening round, so the Cowboys would definitely consider him with this selection. Anthony Hitchens is an impending free agent, while Jaylon Smith hasn't played up to his billing quite yet.

Rd. 2, Pk. 18 Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida
The Cowboys could use another threat in the receiving corps, and they've shown that they're willing to take chances on troubled players. Antonio Callaway has some major off-the-field issues, but some team could give him a shot in the second round.

Rd. 3, Pk. 17 Braden Smith, G, Auburn
The Cowboys' offensive line hasn't been nearly as good this season. Losing Ronald Leary hurt, so here's a new left guard to help remedy the problem.

Rd. 4, Pk. 16 Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
The Cowboys lost some defensive backs last offseason, and they never found a solid player to start alongside Byron Jones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could live with this. I would rather take Kirk who he has going a couple picks later than our typical 2nd rnd take a shot on a problem player. Watts in the 4th is a steal
Seems high for Callaway but I love the player. Just the character that I'm not sure about. Maybe he will rise through the draft process. Right now I view him as more a third/fourth type.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Oh well. A lot of folks say Dallas doesnt draft well so if they believe that then one position doesn’t make a difference or three for that matter.
Except they tend to draft even worse the further down they select.

But other than trading up for Mo I don't think you've heard much criticism of their first round picks the last 7-8 years. Its primarily the 2nd round when they go off the reservation and on day three when they could probably do better by throwing darts at the board.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
What about LT? With Tyron's health being dicey this year, that could come into play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about LT? With Tyron's health being dicey this year, that could come into play.
His contract can't be moved. So drafting a LT makes some sense but whoever you draft is only going to play the few games Tyron is hurt. Not sure that is worth a first round pick or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom