boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Hmm...potential second round steal?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is it really a steal in the round he was supposed to go in? He was never a sure fire first rounder. A maybe late first rounder at best.
Some thought he was the best interior OL in the draft and that he could go top 20, he would theoretically be a steal in the mid-2nd although I haven't really watched him as an OG so it's hard to say that for sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some thought he was the best interior OL in the draft and that he could go top 20, he would theoretically be a steal in the mid-2nd although I haven't really watched him as an OG so it's hard to say that for sure.
Umm I think Nelson would have something to say about that.

Dude was never going top 20. He is a good player but he isn't a special center that goes in the middle of the first.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Umm I think Nelson would have something to say about that.

Dude was never going top 20. He is a good player but he isn't a special center that goes in the middle of the first.
Yep. He was a second rounder. Some did have him going in the first, but that was mainly because, outside of Nelson, there isn't any 1st round OL talent in this draft. Price is a solid 3rd rounder now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is it really a steal in the round he was supposed to go in? He was never a sure fire first rounder. A maybe late first rounder at best.
He has been an edge late first/early second since the season ended.

His pec injury will slide him down into the second or even third, but he was probably the most versatile and ready to play interior lineman not named Nelson available.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. He was a second rounder. Some did have him going in the first, but that was mainly because, outside of Nelson, there isn't any 1st round OL talent in this draft. Price is a solid 3rd rounder now.
I disagree. There just isn't much first round OT talent, so people just downgrade the whole OL group. It is extremely deep and if people got over their preconceptions about interior OL you could justify four or five guys that are worth a first round pick at some stage (Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels and until injury, Price).

The tackle class is just bad. That's why I believe McGlinchey will end up getting elevated artificially.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. There just isn't much first round OT talent, so people just downgrade the whole OL group. It is extremely deep and if people got over their preconceptions about interior OL you could justify four or five guys that are worth a first round pick at some stage (Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels and until injury, Price).

The tackle class is just bad. That's why I believe McGlinchey will end up getting elevated artificially.
Uhh, that's what I said.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has been an edge late first/early second since the season ended.

His pec injury will slide him down into the second or even third, but he was probably the most versatile and ready to play interior lineman not named Nelson available.
Pretty much. So we are talking about a guy sliding from a early second to a middle second. Wouldn't exactly classify that as a steal. Now if we could get the man in the third round, that's a steal. Although I'm not sure how I feel about him as a guard and frankly we don't need a center although it would be nice to have a guy who could play there if the worst happens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well. A man's gotta have priorities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well. A man's gotta have priorities.
I feel like I'd really enjoy that man in Dallas.

GShock

DCC 4Life

Pricey for 3 spots

Cotton

Staff member

Uhhhhh, no.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Uhhhhh, no.
He's lost his mind

Status